weasel555

M4A1 Holo SD Acquisition

[attachment=647]

[attachment=648]

Required:

* Server this happened on. (Not sure since this was earlier in the week, but a Chicago server)

* Time that it happened including your timezone. (around 10 PM eastern US time, my timezone is also Eastern)

* What happened during the incident:

I spawned into a server on top of the silos in chernogorosk, two players with enfields were firing down into town, i promptly shot and killed them with a DMR. Greedy and excited i rushed to loot and thier buddy (cant remember the player name) killed me with a silenced weapon. Upon re-spawning, I rushed right back to the tower and emptied two Makarov mags into the players head. This Douche bag had what I thought was an extremely rare gun, an M4A1 Holo SD (silencer, holo sight, and M203 Launcher plus it looks like a tact flashlight on it however im not sure if it works) plus NVG. Upon talking to a few people, I've heard that this gun is apparently Hacked into the game. Id like to report simply because I don't want my GUID banned for obtaining spoils of a kill. I've attached a photo of my gear shortly after the kill.

I don't believe it's hacked, I remember hearing about it being added in a change log for 1.7, But nothing for sure.

Not hacked. Someone else came to the forum with the same concern before the rollback and was told by an admin to keep the weapon.

I don't believe it's hacked' date=' I remember hearing about it being added in a change log for 1.7, But nothing for sure.

[/quote']

Not hacked. Someone else came to the forum with the same concern before the rollback and was told by an admin to keep the weapon.

Thank you both for your input! Was very worried due to how Over Powered the weapon seems to be. Thank you!

It's an ArmA2 weapon, it does however NOT drop in DayZ and you can only acquire it by 'hacking'.

It's an ArmA2 weapon' date=' it does however NOT drop in DayZ and you can only acquire it by 'hacking'.

[/quote']

I don't think you understand.

The loot cheat sheet is not exactly official and does not update as often as we would like, but as quoted by other developers and staff (I can't find this, yet.) usually weapons with icons next to their name are legitimate.

It's an ArmA2 weapon' date=' it does however NOT drop in DayZ and you can only acquire it by 'hacking'.

[/quote']

[/quote']

The loot cheat sheet is not exactly official and does not update as often as we would like, but as quoted by other developers and staff (I can't find this, yet.) usually weapons with icons next to their name are legitimate.

I don't believe I have ever seen a complete loot sheet or if one actually exists. It kinda goes the same way for maps i would imagine, there have been plenty of maps that I have looked at that were missing deer stands or some type of enter-able buildings (apartments for example).

Edit: Plus Legacy is a forum moderator, no offense but id take his/her word on the issue over the word of someone with ~ 12 posts.

Depends on what you consider "hacking"

Spawning a crate and taking a weapon that isn't in the mod would be exploiting...

Most of which, if not all have legitimate icons next to them.

Only weapons I've seen that have no icons are the weapon systems for vehicles that a player can spawn on his chest. I know for a fact that you can exploit certain weapons in the game that aren't dropped that still have icons. Golden revolver, sd makaroni, sd G36. Each with an icon.

EDIT: This is has been possible from waaaaay before Dayz and I don't see it being any different in this mod than any others.

I'm not going to go into this.

My point is that exploited weapons do have icons.

Vehicle mounted weapons do not.

That doesn't mean that any weapon you may find on someone's body that has an icon is legit.

I kind of agree with the "no official list of weapons" but at the same time it creates issues like this. Players really won't know what is legit unless they ask and a dev officially responds.

That is indeed quite the issue itself, I have already stated this and gotten no response. Have tried pm'ing other developers with no response.

But I have this odd feeling that since rocket is back that something is going to come out of this, or very similar. Still it's only an alpha and I doubt some of these simple hacked weapon bans will stay.

[/quote']

The 'loot cheat sheet' is generated from the official list. I'm going to check it myself in a bit and report back, but i'm fairly sure this gun is not on it.

Do note there is TWO kinds of 'hacked' weapons. First we're talking about custom hacked weapons, these are the ones without icons, for example a "portable" Hydra rocket launcher. (Hydra is the tube rocket launcher carried by small scout helicopters).

Then we've got hacked weapons that HAVE icons, because they're real ArmA2 weapons but are _NOT_ officially in the mod. Example: XM8-variants, G36-variants, SCAR-variants, M40A3 Camo and this M4A1 Holo SD GL.

Even the forums own mod doesn't know the difference between hacked items and weapons simply hacked into the game that arent DayZ weapons..

Those "weapons without icons" are simply vehicle weapons, being able to be used in the hands of infantry.

Weapons that are hacked in via ammo box, that are not in the game, but still have icons...are simply that..weapons that were spawned in, that arent in DayZ...for example, the m107 with thermal scope...is NOT in DayZ, yet has an icon because its a legit ARMA2 weapon..NOT a DayZ weapon.

So to all the people claiming "not hacks bro, it has an icon!" you're an idiot. For the record, whenever Rocket makes changes to weapons/ammo..he should make it publicly known so everyone knows what's supposed to be inside DayZ and what isn't.

Deph' pid='98622' dateline='1339568416']

Even the forums own mod doesn't know the difference between hacked items and weapons simply hacked into the game that arent DayZ weapons..

Those "weapons without icons" are simply vehicle weapons' date=' being able to be used in the hands of infantry.

Weapons that are hacked in via ammo box, that are not in the game, but still have icons...are simply that..weapons that were spawned in, that arent in DayZ...for example, the m107 with thermal scope...is NOT in DayZ, yet has an icon because its a legit ARMA2 weapon..NOT a DayZ weapon.

So to all the people claiming "not hacks bro, it has an icon!" you're an idiot. For the record, whenever Rocket makes changes to weapons/ammo..he should make it publicly known so everyone knows what's supposed to be inside DayZ and what isn't.

[/quote']

Finally someone else gets this.

Those "weapons without icons" are simply vehicle weapons' date=' being able to be used in the hands of infantry.

[/quote']

Finally someone else gets this.

It's pretty damn simple to understand man. I just had some guy try to convince me that his M107 Thermal Scope sniper rifle was a legit weapon in DayZ.

His response was "are you retarded? are you retarded? it has an icon"..so now everyone who has an exploited weapon in DayZ is going to think its legit because even the Mods are backing up the whole Icon thing, when infact its not an accurate basis to find out what is or isnt in DayZ. The DayZ wiki page has a weapon list for a reason, there are no new weapons outside that list in that game. If it has an icon on it and its not on that list? Congrats, you have an Arma2 weapon, but not a DayZ weapon.

No one should be taking what the Mods say as "official" in any sense, as they only work on the forums and not in the game. No personal offense to you guys, you have your jobs but they are not to be commenting on the game..especially when you are not 100% sure about your answer. 1000's of people will see your posts..do not give people the wrong idea with those posts.

{"M4A1_HWS_GL_camo", "weapon"} - official rare weapon in game V1.7

look config.bin @dayz_code.pbo

Looted at military barracks

class Land_Mil_Barracks_i : MilitarySpecial {}

class MilitarySpecial : Default {

zombieChance = 0.4;

minRoaming = 2;

maxRoaming = 6;

zombieClass[] = {"z_soldier_heavy"};

lootChance = 0.4;

lootPos[] = {};

itemType[] = {{M16A2, "weapon"}, {M16A2GL, "weapon"}, {M249_DZ, "weapon"}, {M9SD, "weapon"}, {M136, "weapon"}, {AK_47_M, "weapon"}, {AK_74, "weapon"}, {"M4A1_Aim", "weapon"}, {"AKS_74_kobr", "weapon"}, {AKS_74_U, "weapon"}, {AK_47_M, "weapon"}, {M24, "weapon"}, {SVD_CAMO, "weapon"}, {M1014, "weapon"}, {M107_DZ, "weapon"}, {DMR, "weapon"}, {M4A1, "weapon"}, {M14_EP1, "weapon"}, {UZI_EP1, "weapon"}, {"Remington870_lamp", "weapon"}, {"glock17_EP1", "weapon"}, {M240_DZ, "weapon"}, {"M4A1_AIM_SD_camo", "weapon"}, {M16A4_ACG, "weapon"}, {"M4A1_HWS_GL_camo", "weapon"}, {"Mk_48_DZ", "weapon"}, {M4A3_CCO_EP1, "weapon"}, {"AmmoBoxSmall_556", "object"}, {"AmmoBoxSmall_762", "object"}, {"NVGoggles", "weapon"}, {"Binocular", "weapon"}, {"ItemFlashlightRed", "military"}, {"ItemKnife", "military"}, {"ItemGPS", "weapon"}, {"ItemMap", "military"}, {"Binocular_Vector", "military"}, {"DZ_Assault_Pack_EP1", "object"}, {"DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1", "object"}, {"DZ_Backpack_EP1", "object"}, {"", "medical"}, {"", "generic"}, {"", "military"}, {"PipeBomb", "magazine"}};

itemChance[] = {0.1, 0.05, 0.01, 0.02, 0.01, 0.2, 0.1, 0.02, 0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 0.01, 0.01, 0.2, 0.01, 0.02, 0.1, 0.03, 0.2, 0.1, 0.2, 0.01, 0.04, 0.05, 0.02, 0.01, 0.08, 0.04, 0.02, 0.01, 0.1, 0.05, 0.15, 0.01, 0.03, 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.02, 0.3, 1.0, 5.0, 0.01};

};

Forum moderators volunteer to moderate the forums (derp). Generally speaking, they know no more than the average player.

Forum moderators volunteer to moderate the forums (derp). Generally speaking' date=' they know no more than the average player.

[/quote']

That's common knowledge. But so is everything I have been talking about in this thread and is easy to figure out. I personally think the mods should get to know more about the mod that they work for (even if its just the forums) so they COULD answer questions, rather than just kick/ban/warn users on the forums.

Deph' pid='98756' dateline='1339571370']

Forum moderators volunteer to moderate the forums (derp). Generally speaking' date=' they know no more than the average player.

[/quote']

That's common knowledge. But so is everything I have been talking about in this thread and is easy to figure out. I personally think the mods should get to know more about the mod that they work for (even if its just the forums) so they COULD answer questions, rather than just kick/ban/warn users on the forums.

In an ideal world.

{"M4A1_HWS_GL_camo"' date=' "weapon"} - official rare weapon in game V1.7

[/quote']

That isn't the SD variant, the SD may be an arma2 weapon, but it aint a spawning weapon in Day Z.

The weapons wiki, is clear with what spawns, anything else isn't legit.

[/quote']

That's the one without a silencer.

Deph' pid='98756' dateline='1339571370']

[/quote']

In an ideal world.

A man can dream for a more official staff.

[/quote']

That isn't the SD variant, the SD may be an arma2 weapon, but it aint a spawning weapon in Day Z.

As I said before, right before the rollback someone came to the forum with the exact same question after finding the same weapon. He was told by a staff member to keep it. Take from that what you will.