Sign in to follow this  
makeme

Improve servers :build foundations before you build a house

The main problem at the moment is connecting to a server so before adding even more amazing features we need the servers to work better so we can connect most of the time not now which is only if you are lucky

I don't disagree that you're having a problem... But some of us are connecting easily. I don't have any of these problems.

I have no problems either, but I agree. Global stability for everybody should be high on the priority list for the devs.

the beta has been preventing anyone in our tribe having connection problems since 1.5.x

it also makes direct voice work perfectly

the foundations have been laid already, they've just been being tested

you could have been one of the testers, but instead you had a little whinge, good job

do you see me whinging all i have done is said that if rocket gets to far ahead with adding features we will be left will a buggy mess i know this is alpha i know there will be bugs and i am testing and i am saying that i cant get on the servers and this needs to be fixed

also where can i find the beta?

Whaddya mean where can you find the beta?

first google response for ARMA 2 beta =

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Aside from that how do you suggest he improves servers?

Is he going to pay for them or is he going to take responsibility for the actions of others.

Metrics would be nice.

(sorry, I'm being bitchy but its been annoying me for a while)

A lot of guys are renting out VM's as arma boxes without either knowing what they are renting or how to use the operating system, even base systems throughput is an unknown mechanism for a lot of guys. They don't know how to run services or even determine the resources needed to use them.

The complaint you are making is not so much the game, its understanding and affordability of servers and associated bandwidth.

Basically you are barking up the wrong tree.

thanks i thought it was a beta version of dayz

and i mean stuff like getting on to a server as i have tryed for hours to join a server

Go multiplayer. Sort servers by ping. Refresh, watch for 48 or 49/50. Limit yourself to 100ms or 125 ms, Grab and join. You should never have to wait more than a minute. Its easy unless you try to join something stupid like Virginia servers or play during the day.

Damn, half the time I pick and choose.

P.s.

Shorten your subject title.