tehmasman

Favourite ambush locations?

Personally I'm liking Novy Sobor at the moment, quite a few people seem to refuel there, happened to chance across a guy with his offroad when I was joy riding in a bus with some friends, a drawn out fire fight later and we now have an L85A2 and an M14 from his car. Makes me happy.

Barn between Vybor and the NW/AF.

There is also a nice hill outside of Vybor that is handy if you have a 50cal.

^ The red barn yea?

I was ambushed there once, didn't end well for the other guy, but yes, it's a great location.

Ambushing near stary is pretty much the best place, many players and vehicles, you could also ambush at Oldfields, there is a high chance for a helicopter crah site spawning there, i've ran into many there.

The road that runs North to South into cherno. So many vehicles spawn in cherno, and there are many places to set up a decent kill zone.

Zelenogorsk seems like it is worth a mention, although I personally haven't had any luck there.

May have to lurk in a few new spots.

The middle of cherno, music playing through my mic, shooting AKM rounds into the air. You'd be surprised how many people that attracts :P

I've seen a lot of tents along the Novy-Stary-Kabanino line. It would probably be a fair place to setup an ambush - but expect to wait an hour+ on a ~20 player server. There is also a decent chance of encountering a large squad anywhere north of Stary, particularly in the central area. -Also there are a lot of player logins so you constantly have to check your back, even in the woods up there. However, if you're smart you can catch a well geared player by suprise up there.

My guess is most players rush through Cherno or Elektro, then sprint north to stary for the military gear, stopping at the southern barns en route. They then drop any spare stuff in tents just north of the Novy-Stary-Kabanino line and head up to the NW airfield to try their luck. So anywhere along that line is a fair place to setup an ambush.

• Like 1

The traffic at Novy is by no way the greatest, but it seems to me like people let their guard down more often, compared to Stary where I feel like there is always at least 2 snipers watching me. As for the more organised groups, I find that a good thing, where's the challenge of taking down one person when you roll with a group of three? :P