Sign in to follow this  
Obsolescence

Best Loadout to Compliment M16 ACOG?

I recently acquired an M16 ACOG and I was wondering what yall thought was the best secondary or second primary to go with it.

Currently I was planning on using:

1st Primary: M16 ACOG (for close range burst and shots <300m)

2nd Primary: M24 (for shots >400m or sniping)

Secondary: M9 SD

Thoughts? Concerns? All is appreciated...

Ditch either the M24 or M16, they have the same range (800 Meters), the M16 ACOG is for more all rounded situations but under 250 meters you will start to be out gunned by people with M4A1's and AKM/AK47's..

I suggest using the M16 and a M4/AKM (if you could find one).

The M16 ACOG is great for medium to long range encounters, but it's terrible for close combat. I would get another weapon that would be good for close combat. M14 or just about anything in the M4-family would do.

Edited by MrX

The M16 ACOG is nice and all but it's too situational to be useful all-round. At long and short range it just won't cut it. I'd suggest an M4A1/A3 CCO or similar which isn't too hard to come by. If you're really determined to keep the M16, losing the M24 and replacing it with something like an M4A1 CCO SD would be the only worthy replacement to even out the pros and cons in my opinion. However, you'll end up with two situational primaries and the switching could become tedious.

Then again it comes down to play-styles and no one can really tell you what will work for you.

People underestimate the M16 ACOG. One of the best guns in the game, great for up close and even in long distance. People who deny this are clearly judging it by its iregular scope.

I agree Kurmuh and honestly I think it has one of the best scopes in the game, aside from the true sniper rifles, when it comes to accuracy.

I can put that crosshair on a survivors head and know I am going to drop them with one shot every single time from anywhere under 300 meters. For close range combat I just switch to burst mode and aim for the chest. It drops them almost every time. I vastly prefer the ACOG to all of the M4 variants, especially the weak CCO SD.