Sign in to follow this  
omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Screen goes black when you pass out

When you pass out, your screen should go completely black, save for the hourglass. Because come on, are you really going to pass out with your eyes open and brain still functioning properly as you observe what is happening around you? So it pretty much fades to black when you pass out, and fades in when you regain consciousness.

but i WANNA see what's going on around me while i'm passed out!

I know we can't have a real-life simulator, but we can get closer with little additions like this. You aren't going to know what's going on around you when you're passed out.

Not a pushing issue, but it seems like something that could bump up the realism a bit.

• Like 7

As much as this would be difficult to tell your friend where you are... I agree with this.

But as the hourglass empties, you should slowly regain consciousness. (Sight starts to recover slowly in short intervals.)

My beans to you sir!

• Like 6

As much as this would be difficult to tell your friend where you are... I agree with this.

But as the hourglass empties, you should slowly regain consciousness. (Sight starts to recover slowly in short intervals.)

My beans to you sir!

It should only start to fade back in when there is 1/8 or so left on the hourglass. Quick pass-out periods have rapid fade in because the timer moves quick. But I like your idea.

As a mainly 1st person player i would prefer to be forced into 3rd person with a fixed 'from the top' perspective, that way i can see my helpless body on the floor (while still not being able to see what's going on around me), but at least i be able to see the Infected chew on my body and scream a loud and long "NOOOOOoooooo" at my screen ...

So while i seem to suggest something else, i completely agree with being able to be aware of your surroundings, a topview 3rd person would only show your body and anything directly near your body (so basically nothing), but it would add being able to stay connected to your character as it lays there helplessly, it being that much more frustrating as Infected chew on your limbs or bandits rob you of your stuff :D

So yes to 'not being able to see around you', but NO to the screen turning black ;)

• Like 1

As a mainly 1st person player i would prefer to be forced into 3rd person with a fixed 'from the top' perspective, that way i can see my helpless body on the floor (while still not being able to see what's going on around me), but at least i be able to see the Infected chew on my body and scream a loud and long "NOOOOOoooooo" at my screen ...

So while i seem to suggest something else, i completely agree with being able to be aware of your surroundings, a topview 3rd person would only show your body and anything directly near your body (so basically nothing), but it would add being able to stay connected to your character as it lays there helplessly, it being that much more frustrating as Infected chew on your limbs or bandits rob you of your stuff :D

So yes to 'not being able to see around you', but NO to the screen turning black ;)

The screen would fade to black regardless of which perspective you are in.

Yeah i wouldn't want that :P ... i want to end up looking at my character from above, so i can't see whats going on around me, but i can see that i am being eaten by zeds, because that is just mental torment :P

How about a super complex system where you slowly lose consciousness / trip and fall like in ACE?

Starting @ 17:00

Edited by Herb

I'd like it if they got rid of the hourglass too. I don't like that you can more or less tell whether you're going to get up before your blood runs out.

• Like 2

I'd like it if they got rid of the hourglass too. I don't like that you can more or less tell whether you're going to get up before your blood runs out.

Yup, hourglass should go.

the screen should go black...and not have an hourglass....then you wont be able to go "im right in the corner...i'll be up in about 5 seconds"

it me more of "im near the corner....i think i should wake up in a minute or so" much more vauge