Sign in to follow this  
Groner1661

US 616 Suspicious Activity

Tonight, around 11:30 PM (EST) myself and a friend were playing on US 616. We spawned at the NE airfield and were hoping to have some sniping practice. We haven't killed but two other players before, we decided to try the bandit route for a bit since being a helpful survivor has not paid off very well. (We just lost 4 vehicles after spending weeks trying to get even one, and our camps were destroyed over and over again.) But I digress....

As we spawned in we noticed that there was nobody in the area for quite some distance. This was confirmed with the L85 Thermal scope. Several minutes later I heard "Hey swag Groner! Goodbye!" and I was shot dead. The server does appear to have name tags and my name on the server is [sWAG]Groner.

My partner was shot dead almost instantaneously after I died.

Now I figured that this guy just spawned in behind us and got the upper hand... No harm no foul.

After I calmed down from the initial excitement I logged back in on the coast and decided to run around in Cherno. (Now that I had no gear, I had a bit of a death wish.)

I ran into a construction building near the coast where I spawned and picked up a hatchet and a couple of sodas.

Next thing I know, I hear a survivor coming up the stairs. I thought, "Oh well, I'll just try to axe him before he gets me."

To my surprise the player says over direct chat, "Hey Groner! Sorry man, I'll give you your stuff back." I of course am dumbfounded and I am waiting to be shot. Even as he dumps some of the gear I had on the ground, including a ghillie suit and L85, I am expecting to be shot again at any moment and I seriously consider just trying to end this guy's life.

Instead, I try to engage him in some conversation while I record 2 videos on Fraps. You can hear me making small talk and I was trying to elicit some more info but it ended too quickly. His name tag reads "Shawn". Shawn drops a few more items and says "Here's an M9 for your trouble." Immediately I am thinking that this guy is trying to pay me off or something.

Anyway, several minutes later I see "Shawn was killed." Then I hear flies. I run down to investigate and find his body halfway in a wall and not loot-able.

So, here's what I think happened... (Other suggestions/ideas welcomed.)

1. A player hacked in behind us and killed us.

2. I re-spawned on the beach and the group that hacked either felt bad or thought they were going to get caught and hacked back to my new location.

3. The "Shawn" character tried to buy my silence with my L85, a ghillie, and an M9 which I don't even like. (Everyone has their price, but he probably should have given me back ALL my gear if he expected me to keep quiet! :-) )

4. "Shawn" hacks back out again and returns to his friends, leaving an empty body behind.

Has anyone run into this? All these things on their own could be coincidental, but the fact that he found me that quickly in Cherno after I spawned baffles me....

Video Links: (Still uploading as of 00:26 EST)

http://youtu.be/SabwL4SXysE

Edited by Groner1661

i was the one who got kill right after he did and i just never got back on i went to bed so idk what happened in cherno.

Edited by Dakiraloril