HostGhost

Recieving?...

Hey there all you techies.

The past two days, every time I go to play, about 5-10 minutes in-game I get the "Receiving" black screen, which will flicker every 3 seconds or so, and continue to say "Recieving."

It happens faster if I have my NVG's on, I've noticed. Also, when the flicker happens, I can see the outline of the NVG's.

Bump, this is really tiresome and irritating to deal with. Could it just be my graphic's settings disagreeing with my hardware?

One last bump, can anyone offer any advice on this? It makes the game nearly unplayable. :|

Hey.

I have been playing Dayz for about 3 weeks now and since updating (dayz and arma) with the latest patches I have been getting the recieving screen in the middle of gameplay. Before the updates I could play on any settings I wanted for several hours without any fps drops or the recieving screen.

Hopefully with the information shared here someone can figure out some kind of fix.

Ok so first of all 96586 arma patch and 1.7.2.5 DayZ worked absolutly perfectly for me, after updating the recieving screen began to happen within 30 minutes of gameplay, sometimes less. I have changed every setting and tried all parameters suggested. I have uninstalled arma, deleted every arma/dayz file from my computer, reinstalled the game and updated to the patches previously mentioned that worked but the recieving screen remains. I have also uninstalled my gpu drivers and reinstalled those. Nothing seems to work.

I think its also worth mentioning that shortly before I began getting these issues I updated my realtek drivers, I have since rolled the drivers back but obviously that didnt make any difference.

My pc is a dell vostro 220. Running Windows XP. 3GB of ram, core duo CPU 2.93Ghz, xfx radeon 5670 1gb gddr5. I launch dayz using dayzcommander and I have the non steam version of Arma2 CO.

If you guys that posted above me have found any fixes or a way to prolong gameplay, please let me know.

Thanks.

Same thing... 5 - 10 minutes into the game, my screen goes black and says "Receiving..."

Then, it flashes completely black for a second, then goes back to "Receiving..."

• Like 1

Think i found a way to prolong gameplay, I have been playing for about 2 hours today and have driven the majority of lingor without it happening yet. I have no idea which one of the changes I made fixed this for me.

settings below:

Texture. High

video memory. Default

anti filter. Disabled

anti-aliasing.Disabled

terrain.High

objects.High

shadows. Disabled

hdr.High (having this on very high has started crashing my game since the latest dayz hot fix)

post process.Disabled

vsync.Disabled.

visibility. 593

Dayz parameters in dayz commander (settings tab, top right)

-winxp -maxMem=1024 -cpuCount=2 -mod=@DayZ

I also have force direct 3d 9.

Im not a tech guy so i could be wrong here, i think depending on your gpu memory and cpu type (duel, quad) you may have to change maxmem and cpu count to reflect your hardware.

Lemme know if this helps you or if youre able to narrow down which of these settings fixed the bug.

Edit.

I looked through the arma forums today and it seems arma had this issue long before dayz came out but they fixed it with the next update. so someone out there knows what is causing this and how to fix it.

Another thing worth noting is that im one of the minority of people that get the CA_missions_BAF_2 message every time I load a server, I have read that this error doesnt impact gameplay but it would be interesting if we all have this in common.

Edited by Octopus0nFire