Sign in to follow this  
Flare Run

Game freezing every 10 seconds or so...

Hey there,

Recently (last night) I have been getting tremendous lag in DayZ (unplayable).

Normally, I run the game at a solid 60-70 fps (30 - 60 fps while recording) with good graphics.

Right now, every 10 seconds or so, my screen freezes completely and resumes aftter 1 seconds.

For short, I get 60 fps for 5 sec, freezes at 0 fps, goes back to 60fps, so on...

It is unplayable.

Yes, I did re-install the game.

Yes, I did re-install DayZ.

Yes, my graphics drivers are up to date.

My GPU temperature averages at 45 C.

Same for my CPU.

Here is the benchmark results, they are the same as before so its definitely DayZ.

Link to Benchmark/Computer specs: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4183492

All of my games are running perfectly except for DayZ!

Thanks to anybody who replies!

Servers DO affect your FPS, put that in mind. Try a diffrent server maybe?

Servers DO affect your FPS, put that in mind. Try a diffrent server maybe?

Hi, don't worry I know that. I tried about 20 servers and its all the same. Its is seriously strange and i don't know what it is. I just finished defragmenting my drive and running a scan (there is no way anyways i could get infected) and the scan came out clean. I went on the server I'm usually playing on. I normally get 70 fps, now it fluctuates from 70 to 0 non-stop.

Sounds like server issues.

Don't worry i tried every server. The server I normally play on averages at 70 fps. Now i go from 70 to 0 fps and so on. It's unplayable.

I have the same issue. The only way I've been able to fix it is to restart my PC every few days... which drives me CRAZY, cause I hate turning my pc off unless i'm not going to be on it for a few days (vacations, etc)

In fact, I'm going to have to do it tonight most likely before I play. Not sure why this is, but it's ever since the 1.7.2.4, so perhaps it's another thing to do with those graphical glitches.

I do notice here that you're on an nvidia card/processor, whereas i'm on AMD, so it's not confined to one or another. Definitely a somewhat global dayz issue.

Edited by Ipurgepeople

Same thing with 1.7.2.5. Restarting PC doesn't help. But, in my case, game frequently freezes in those places of game world, where were the graphical glitches before.

Edited by up4k

For me restarting my computer doesnt help. Also the game takes longer to load than usual.

Edited by Flare Run

Weird. Perhaps yall and I are having slightly different issues then. The FPS issues I (And I believe the OP as well) are referring to are not directly linked to the graphical glitches, it doesn't matter where i am, it will happen, in the middle of the forest nowhere near glitches for instance.

Weird. Perhaps yall and I are having slightly different issues then. The FPS issues I (And I believe the OP as well) are referring to are not directly linked to the graphical glitches, it doesn't matter where i am, it will happen, in the middle of the forest nowhere near glitches for instance.

Well i am op, but idk the fps issue is everywhere for me too. but it is not constant lag. It is just intense lag spikes that freezes the screen for a sec and then goes on like if nothing happened. 10 sec later, same thing happens. It doesnt matter where i am. I am really frustrated since all my group is playing but i have to be the one not able to play...

Oh I just found the answer to this question after testing it out for the night. I see you have basically the same setup I do but I got 3x680s and 24gb of RAM plus 3 SSD in RAID 0...I was researching the issue and it appears the majority of the people that have this issue have i7 processors, this issue is with hyper-threading go into your bios and turn it off.

Bingo problem solved!

Oh I just found the answer to this question after testing it out for the night. I see you have basically the same setup I do but I got 3x680s and 24gb of RAM plus 3 SSD in RAID 0...I was researching the issue and it appears the majority of the people that have this issue have i7 processors, this issue is with hyper-threading go into your bios and turn it off.

Bingo problem solved!

But wouldnt putting hyper threading off lower my cpu performance?

Bingo problem solved!

I just disabled it and tested on multiple servers. Same thing, still broken.

Im telling you, it started glitching like that last night. It's not like it was like that for the whole time...

if you use sixlauncher, might be the problem. I had this, memory leak. Use day z commander or shut six launcher. Maybe not.