Sign in to follow this  
Pro (DayZ)

Holy shit I found an AS50... in a Station House!!

Hello,

So about 2-3 days ago I started playing DayZ again after a 2 week break and I was looting Electro today looking for a decent gun to go along side my MP5SD6, so I go into a Station House went to the second or third floor (I think it was second) and to my surprise I found a AS50... I was like HOLY SHIT seeing as this is my first High Tier Sniper I've found! (Unless you consider a DMR High Tier) it had 2 bullets already in the gun. Now my question is who is crazy enough to drop an AS50?! I mean even if it did have only 2 rounds with it. Well thanks to the guy who dropped it though. Lucky that I carry around rounds for guns that I don't have, (I had a 10 round M107 Mag that is compatibly with an AS50 ^_^)

-Pro

Edited by Pro

Well for players like me, there are plenty of guns i would drop a AS50 for.....the only reason i pick up AS50's/snipers..is if a friend wants them.

Not that it was me, but it COULD have been me.

Well for players like me, there are plenty of guns i would drop a AS50 for.....the only reason i pick up AS50's/snipers..is if a friend wants them.

Not that it was me, but it COULD have been me.

Hmm I see you're not a sniper, that's actually really surprising seeing as like 80% players on this game are Snipers.

(of course to those who actually find a Sniper)

This weapon is the most common today, thanks dumpin bugs =)

Exactly the reason why I quit Dayz for a while... cause of dupers -.-

I allways had/would drop it again when finding an NVG compatible sniperrifle (DMR).

Hmm even then I probably wouldn't drop it but I guess everyone has their own opinion/ choices ^_^

It depends on your play style, I have a few sniper rifles, but I still mainly equip an M4A3 CCO everywhere I go, or an M16 variant. Because I prefer them, they are good for close quarter combat and can still be effective at ranges I'm realistically going to be fighting at. I'm not a bandit, so I don't need to shoot 800+ meters away to pointlessly murder an unsuspecting survivor. That's the only reason people need that sort of range. To be dicks. :thumbsup:. Well, that, or to hunt down bandits, which is the only respectable thing to do with a sniper in DayZ.

My preferred sniper is actually the M14 AIM, which again suits my play style. I wouldn't think twice about dropping an AS50 if it was all I had and I found an M14 AIM with a few mags or an M16A4 ACOG or an L85A2 AWS or one of many other weapons that I prefer to snipers. The only reason I keep them is to either give them to friendly people I meet, or to hunt down some bandits from a friendly tip off. And to just stop others having them.

Well, that, or to hunt down bandits, which is the only respectable thing to do with a sniper in DayZ.

My group has an ongoing challenge to see who can hit a cow the furthest with an as50 at night. I think my buddy Chimpy is the record holder at 400 meters. That strikes me as a respectable use of .50 BMG ammo.

Edited by sp86
  • Like 1

My group has an ongoing challenge to see who can hit a cow the furthest with an as50 at night. I think my buddy Chimpy is the record holder at 400 meters. That strikes me as a respectable use of .50 BMG ammo.

400m with an AS50? That's pretty poor shooting, even in the dark lol.

400m with an AS50? That's pretty poor shooting, even in the dark lol.

I'll see if I can get you an item off your trade wishlist if you get fraps of you doing better.