CrimsonBlade

Bring back the old bandit skin (You ever watched a post-apoc movie?)

This game in its current state does not resemble anything at all like a zombie apocalypse would.

In the real world' date=' you risk dying (permanently) if you pull the trigger on someone.

[/quote']

Woah woah woah, wait. Shooting someone doesn't endanger you. How does that make sense? You'd see someone roaming around with a gun in your area, you'd have to sleep at night knowing they're around. Shooting someone is probably the safest thing to do. There is a reason why bandits who do not seek to hunt others, but kill everyone they do see on sight tend to live far longer than other playstyles.

In this game' date=' you risk *maybe* some equipment if you pull the trigger on someone.

[/quote']

You raise a good point. You really don't lose anything if a bandit shoots you.

In its current state' date=' due to the lack of a reaction to your player being a bandit, the game will always lean more towards cawadooty-style deathmatch, because life is cheap and easily replaced.

[/quote']

Wait a minute, so because there is no magical game mechanic forcing negative effects for no reason, that makes it more like CoD? Are you fucking crazy?

The common refrain regarding banditry is that "in the real apocalypse" people would be willing to murder' date=' and wouldn't magically change their skins when doing so.

[/quote']

Providing an argument so that you can argue with that rather than the points people actually raise is idiotic beyond hope. People generally don't want it because:

We have seen it fail before.

It makes player interaction overly simplistic. (If he has this skin, shoot him!!! XD)

Punishing players for the game style they choose, artificially, is against the outlook of the dev.

The great allure about this mod is that it is not Red Vs Blue, or categorised. Anyone could do anything, or have any kind of motive. You don't know, it creates tension and intrigue.

Because there's no real way to simulate permanent death that won't absolutely kill the game entirely' date=' then we need to acknowledge that this is a [i']game, and that some non-realistic things are going to have to be in the game to force it to simulate how a zombie apocalypse would actually be.

As far as I know, this is the game that is closest to a zombie apocalypse simulator that I've personally played. So far it looks like it's working out quite well. Like you said though, realism isn't even an argument, right? Besides the peculiarity of arguing with yourself.

My, posting would be so simple if all I did was go into a thread and say:

"You guys are against this, don't be silly!"

Pick a shit argument and say "THIS IS WHAT YOU GUYS ARE SAYING"

And then proceed to argue with myself as if that gives credence to my point of view.

Madness.

My' date=' posting would be so simple if all I did was go into a thread and say:

"You guys are against this, don't be silly!"

Pick a shit argument and say "THIS IS WHAT YOU GUYS ARE SAYING"

And then proceed to argue with myself as if that gives credence to my point of view.

Madness.

[/quote']

yes you don't do that, this is why we love and respect you.

its just friendly discussion man

Since that whole if someone shoots you and you fire back and kill them in 5 minutes it"s NOT a murder update happened, it"s alot harder to get a bandit skin in self-defense. That was one of the main problems with the bandit skin. But since that is..... improved upon all the more reason to bring back the skins..

That was one of the main problems with the bandit skin.

I think the only thing that made bandit skins go out, is that rocket wanted variety within the players skins. So i'd guess it would be hard to force an skin to bandits when they can get another set of clothes as loot.

I find it funny how everyone thinks that a murderer would look different from the average person. Guess what, sociopaths look exactly the same as everyone else.

The first twenty or so threads were friendly discussions, now it's just regurgitated crap and should be treated as such.

The OP isn't even capable of a higher level of reasoning than "The bandit skin is now harder to make for self-defenders, it is good see".

I mean there's not even an attempt to respond to actual counterpoints, it's as if he's an automated answering machine. Come on.

The first twenty or so threads were friendly discussions' date=' now it's just regurgitated crap and should be treated as such.

The OP isn't even capable of a higher level of reasoning than "The bandit skin is now harder to make for self-defenders, it is good see".

I mean there's not even an attempt to respond to actual counterpoints, it's as if he's an automated answering machine. Come on.

[/quote']

Please excuse this if i'm being a bit off topic here but you seem to want to keep the bandit playstyle the most rewarding and the least risking way to play

I may be a care bear but I'm all for having something unique for every player, because it will cut down on shooting your friend if you guys happen to take different routes and turn the corner on each other.

If you have also noticed is that some players want more content or tools than just weapons to build "safe zones" or show each other they are friendly... Also rocket has already said he is planning on adding consequences for being a murderer, its just the bandit skin didn't work the way he wanted.

Additional skins is fine. Forcing player killers to have a unique skin is stupid, for reasons I have stated countless times. (Is is such a shame so many threads got deleted, so I would not be going through this all again.)

I do not want any playstyle to be made more or less rewarding. Being a shoot on sight style bandit (Not one that intentionally tries to find people for their items, hell it's closer to a survivor,) is the most effective play style because of natural factors. Such as how people play the game, how people react to one another, playing like that isn't the best method because of getting an artificial cookie every time you shoot someone, it's just how the world of Day Z inherently works. People should play however they like, one play style will always be better than others, I'm just saying let that be dictated naturally and have the ability to evolve over time because of player decisions, not because of weird forced game mechanics.

Yes. more group orientated tools for groups is great, but this thread is not about that, it is titled: "Bring back the old bandit skin (You ever watched a post-apoc movie?)"

I'm all for that. Just not weird, unrealistic, (Yes, this is an unrealistic game, but it tries to be as much as possible,) artificial balancing mechanics.

I am all in favor of bringing bandit skins back. If you want to treat the game like Call of Duty and shoot anything that moves, you should expect people to recognize this and treat you the same way in return. No, it's not 100% realistic, but going Rambo because you have mediocre gear and can always respawn isn't realistic either, nor is people aiming guns at each other all the time because they are physically incapable of putting them away so they can talk.

Since the skins were removed, the only people I've ever been able to work with and not be shot on sight by have been personal friends. The survivor mentality is downright unplayable to a ridiculously unrealistic degree.

Everyone has a bandit skin right now in my opinion. If you don't shoot first then your just dumb, and dead. Maybe have some blood splatter over your normal skin when you kill someone, that isn't visible from far away but up close is. After so long without killing someone it goes away, maybe after it rains or something.

Maybe have some blood splatter over your normal skin when you kill someone' date=' that isn't visible from far away but up close is. After so long without killing someone it goes away, maybe after it rains or something.[/quote']

I like this idea. More subtle than military camo, not hideously unrealistic, and not a permanent penalty.

This game in its current state does not resemble anything at all like a zombie apocalypse would.

In the real world' date=' you risk dying (permanently) if you pull the trigger on someone.

[/quote']

Woah woah woah, wait. Shooting someone doesn't endanger you. How does that make sense?

Whoa. Stop. Your entire lengthy objection is based off this faulty mis-read of what I wrote.

Go back and reread what I wrote.

I said PULLING THE TRIGGER, not KILLING SOMEONE.

Pulling a trigger does not guarantee you hit them. It does not guarantee you kill them. It does not guarantee you actually survive.

In a zombie apocalypse, where everyone is running around armed, if you pull your gun on someone and point it at them, chances are they're going to try to shoot you.

In this game, we have no way of indicating friendly/hostile intent. Our guns are drawn, and our guns are drawn all the time.

Body language, and the ability to read subtle and overt signals of hostility, the first "realistic" aspect of a "zombie apocalypse", is already gone.

Secondly, in the "real world", people don't just lose all control over their body the moment they get shot once. Some people can still fire back, even if they're pretty much guaranteed to be dead. Take a shot to the gut, get your intestines torn up, you're still going to be alive long enough to shoot any person nearby.

So the second "realistic" aspect to the zombie apocalypse (that of inherent risk in attempting to take a life) is gone as well.

So things are already weighted heavily in the favor of the sociopathic bandit who wants to murder everyone. He has less risk than he would in the "real zombie apocalypse". One shot immediately disables your opponent, if your opponent fires back and actually kills you, you can just hit "respawn" (no risk of never playing again), and there's no way for friendly people to reassure others they aren't going to kill them by actually making it more difficult for themselves to kill (by putting their weapon away).

There needs to be something to balance out that significant advantage the bandit has.

And guess what? If you disagree, you disagree with Rocket, the dev. He put humanity in for a reason. It's just an unfinished feature.