Sign in to follow this  
Verticalslum

L85A2 AWS or M4 CCO SD, which one are better for solo gameplay ?

Since most of my squad are tired of playing since they all got all the high end stuff.

So now i ended up playing alone a lot, and frankly i need to know which one is better suited to be carrying as a main hand weapon (im carrying AS50 in the backpack)

thank you in advance.

Hmm it is really personal preference. I'm in the same situation as you except that I carry all 3 guns lol. I like the m4 cco sd because it's silenced and good for cqc, the l85 is loud and not the best gun for combat, just thermal really. So if you snipe more and need thermal, go with the l85. If you want more versatility, I'd say go with m4 cco sd, for going into cities and such.

Play with crosshairs on and take the L85. Use an M9 SD for any zombies you do have to kill. You don't have to be "silent" when you can see someone from 1km away hiding in a bush

Im not that into pvp, im pretty much into being a medic now.

But that doesnt mean you wont encounter sniper douches picking off people just for the sake of it.

have been force to enter cherno and elektro to rescue people and i felt that the excessive zoom and noise level is a huge liability.

but L85 has save me from snipers countless of times but well, I dont know....

Edited by Verticalslum

The M4SD in your hand and the L85 in your pack, during the day. L85 in your hand and m4SD in your pack at night. But if you have NVG, I would replace the thermal with a DMR or your AS50.

I have every end game gear minus radio(are those even in game ?)

I could use the M9SD for zed but ammo for it are rarer than gold.

Edited by Verticalslum

Well, i got both weapons but i'm using the M4 SD as my primary because like you i am playing alone due to quitting friends.

Never fired a single shot of my L85 but i just can't drop it :blush:

if you're playing alone and aren't hunting down survivors i guess the m4 sd would be more suitable for you. If this is not the case definitely the L85

Well, i got both weapons but i'm using the M4 SD as my primary because like you i am playing alone due to quitting friends.

Never fired a single shot of my L85 but i just can't drop it :blush:

if you're playing alone and aren't hunting down survivors i guess the m4 sd would be more suitable for you. If this is not the case definitely the L85

no i do not hunt players, never have and never will, want to help others but that doesnt mean i wont need fire power for intimidation.

If you're not hunting or going for PvP then I would pick the L85 over the M4 SD without thinking twice. You're going to need the thermal scanning capability to avoid hostiles, and scout safe routes for your medical runs. Ontop of that you have the benefit that the L85 can be loaded with normal STANAG OR STANAG SD so carry a load of mags of each. That way you can load the SD ammo whenever you need to deal with Zeds without catching additional agro and switch back to standard STANAG if you need to protect yourself from other players.

M4 sd is the better choice from what you've said. Its so nice being able to drop zombies without alerting others (or players). And if you're playing medic it'll be better for helping people getting swarmed by zombies, without scaring them away too much.

If you get sniped at, the best thing to do is run anyway, so the low range of the m4 isn't too much of an issue. And you have the as50 in your backpack for any distance shooting.

The M4 is the better all-round weapon, it will drastically reduce the time you spend inside a dangerous area as well as not giving away your position and its shortcomings are similar to those of the L85 (range and accuracy suck).

Thermal vs all-round viability is what it comes down to and for solo-play the M4 should be much stronger if you approach the area with patience before going in.

As for the M9SD, while it's a nice weapon and all, it's just as shit as the other handguns and you will be out of ammo before you even realize it.