Sign in to follow this  
Crasoose

Banned for a script I didn't install?

Hello,

I need some help in a topic I'm not too familiar with, recently I got banned for a script I apparently have that I have no idea how it got there. Has anyone else had this issue before? I consulted with the admin of the server and he said I was running the script below.

(21.08.2012 03:12:15: (ServerIP/GUID) - #121 "y']; _dummy = [_this, "CA_VO_ToggleAll"] call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers "\ca\ui\scripts\Hide"

21.08.2012 03:12:16: (ServerIP/GUID) - #121 "y']; _dummy = [_this, "CA_VO_ToggleAll"] call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers "\ca\ui\scripts\Hide"

Now I haven't modded my DayZ files aside from swapping out the animation to the 1.7.2.3 animations to try and fix my military graphical artifacts. I use DayZ Commander to update the game and DayZ itself with no other altercations. I would apprecitate some help, I really enjoy the server that I am playing on and would like the ban relieved but he will not relieve it until I can prove it wasn't my fault.

Thank you!

The Admin is probably mistaking "\ca\ui\scripts\Hide" for custom scripts. The CA folder is packed by BI and carries a signature file. If you were to unpack it (as you would have to to mod it) and toss custom scripts in there, you'd have to repack it and it'd have a invalid signature file that would then prevent you from joining a DayZ server.

So, to put it lightly, it's not possible.

• Like 1

The Admin is probably mistaking "\ca\ui\scripts\Hide" for custom scripts. The CA folder is packed by BI and carries a signature file. If you were to unpack it (as you would have to to mod it) and toss custom scripts in there, you'd have to repack it and it'd have a invalid signature file that would then prevent you from joining a DayZ server.

So, to put it lightly, it's not possible.

Thank you for your reply, I got my ban lifted with it!