ChernoPTA

So not to quibble but how much longer do we need to endure Hive 0.7.3?

I'm pretty sure all metrics generated at this point indicate that Hive 0.7.3 is about as broken as it can possibly be without it being completely unable to allow incoming connections from the server network entirely.

Vehicles don't save their positions, tents do not save their inventory, people log out of a server and log back in to find their backpacks full of crap they never put in there. Vehicle inventories are completely unreliable, spawn data is not randomizing loot node chance, the same tents in Stary have the same stuff nearly every time you go to them, and if its not the same AKM/M1014/occasional AKS Kobra, its enough tin cans and detritus to build a junk fort castle with.

Seriously, what gives? This isn't helping the persistent experience at all, its chasing players off servers and towards private hives and overall...theres not much more "alpha" data you should need, looking at the dev-heaven issues on it, to get something done about it.

Don't mean to be harping at all but Hive 0.7.3 is making server 1.7.2.5 look a lot more broken than it actually is.

• Like 7

I agree completely with this. It's been several weeks now since I'd consider this game "playable" and by that I mean functioning in a way that is somewhat reasonable to expect that we can have a decent play experience from it. I understand that this is an alpha, I really get that, but the overall lack of communication and updates to GAMEBREAKING issues, is ultimately what helps me as a consumer decide if Im going to early adopt and support a standalone alpha release or not...which currently I won't.

I have to agree!

Having 1.7.2.5 @ hive 0.7.3 any longer will make the game die as fast as it raised.

• Like 1

I also agree. The new hive has completely broken core mechanics of the game, and if a fix is not imminent, then I can definitely foresee a big decline in active players. Something has to be done. There is no point in obtaining vehicles anymore, or storing gear in tents because tents will not save, and vehicles won't be where you saved them. Not only that, but the ridiculous amount of barbed wire/tank traps/sandbags all over the map because they come back even after taken down on the next restart. It's getting ridiculous. My server has tents pitched inside supermarkets, hospitals, theres barbed wire over a lot of loot spawns, I mean there's barbed wire blocking off buildings in Komarovo. KOMAROVO. You cannot get into the pub in elektro unless you have a toolbox, so for no spawns trying to loot up in elektro it's damn near impossible to get into certain areas. I've been trying to clear things out as much as possible so new spawns can gear up, but it's impossible to stay on top of.

Edited by KField86
  • Like 1

100% agree! i dont care for minor bugs but this "not saving items,backpacks and vehicle locations" is a game breaker! i dont play since around 14 days cause its fucking annyoing

I read somewhere that the Hive is going to be moved over to a villayer server instead of its current location. As that transfer is made, an update will be made to counter the problems of saving tents and vehicles atm:)

Edited by Askeladd

SIX of my clannies have quit and uninstalled since 1.7.2.5 and the hive issues. I think the lack of persistence has bored them; I know it has me. Please get this sorted before you lose your player base.

Edited by MoxMono

which hive version is used in v1724, because many ppl reported the vehicle saving problem gone after switching back.

I read somewhere that the Hive is going to be moved over to a villayer server instead of its current location. As that transfer is made, an update will be made to counter the problems of saving tents and vehicles atm:)

source?

source?

a Vilayer mail send to thier DayZ server customer (I will not copy/paste the mail)

Edited by JaysColdriser

Over the past few days we have been in discussion with DayZ in regards to the current bugs in the game.

We are going to be providing DayZMod a new machine to host their HIVE, This should resolve any packet loss and lag issues that users may be having from the current HIVE.

Also while the transfer is going to be made, there is going to be another update released that will contains fixes for the tents saving and other items that may have been causing issues.

This may or may not be made public, it could be a private update that is required on the HIVE and Server Side only.

Please note that this is not official yet and you are receiving this information because you are a Vilayer LTD customer and we want everyone to be within the loop.

We are currently the largest host for DayZ and we hope that we continue to be the largest host for DayZ.

We want to thank all customers for using our service for DayZ and we hope you continue to do so.

Soon enough we believe that this mod will become DayZGame at the end of November, Vilayer LTD will be providing Game Servers for DayZGame and if you wish your server will be automatically changed to the standalone version of this game upon release.

We are working as hard as we can with the developers to try and resolve all prior issues with the HIVE and Game before the standalone is released.

We're not 100% sure when the HIVE will be moved / fixed however we will inform you when it has.

As per the normal if you have any questions please let us know.

Best Regards,

Vilayer LTD

• Like 3

That's interesting. I wonder what's wrong with the hive being provided by Host Altitude that would require them to change to another provider entirely.

Why not ask all hosts to mirror a Hive replication slave? I mean.....wouldn't that be more efficient than depending on one provider?

Seems to me its more about getting some strong SQL devs into the process than getting different hardware into the process. Table and subtable data is loading from the Hive, its just not updating its records as its supposed to.

Far as Hive hosting goes, I'd have a lot more faith in my provider to maintain a hive replication slave than I would in Vilayer or Host Altitude to be hosting a primary database cluster alone.

In my opinion, BIS should be hosting the primary Hive at this time, and all host service providers should be required to host a replication slave which is linked to that primary and updates in real time along with the primary. That way you have a distributed SQL network where if a connection gets refused at one address it simply reroutes to the next available and writes there, and the data is then propagated throughout the slave network, and back to the master Hive server.

But again thats hardware, and all the hardware in the world isn't going to help if the SQL is having its defined limitations exceeded.

• Like 4

how about a hot fix that has each server save its own vehicle and tent data, its not like its transferable between servers anyways this way we have a fix for now and you can figure something out down the road