RiggsUK

Ban under 18s and third party programs from the standalone

As an older lemon myself, I think the OP raises some decent points, even though he/she/it is an obvious troll.

The standalone could have built in VOIP that autokicks anyone with a voice in the high decibels.

The standalone could be designed around a complete operating system that removes the need to have Windows etc. installed. DayZ could then be shipped with all new pcs and other programs would have to pay Rocket and BIS royalties in order to be used.

The standalone should only be puchasable with cans of beans, 25 bucks worth of canned beans is a lot of beans. Supermarkets could be instructed not to sell cans of beans to under 18s.

The standalone should include colorblind options and autoassist aiming for us old codgers that need it. (ironic that only cheaters and the kiddies on consoles get aim assist and/or texture hacks when it should be used to help us old folks)

No one should be allowed to purchase DayZ without providing Rocket with proof of their personal identification, age, and drivers licence.

Kids and youngsters should not be allowed to play DayZ because there are no kiddie/teen models.

The reason there are no kids in DayZ is that all of us old codgers, (the ones who could afford medication, guns, vehicles etc.) fed them all to the zombies in the early days in order to provide us with a greater chance of gathering the dwindling supplies. Now that they are disappearing, we are starting to turn on each other.

Talking about 3rd party programs, some people think you cant be stopped using them. I used to play an MMO were people were banned for using windower, costume changes, and packet sniffing software (nasa bots etc). I've been online since BBS days when i was about 10 year old. and was coding at 5 on an atari400. plus you use the word troll, i don't live under a bridge, sunlight doesn't turn me to stone, and im not gonna bother finding out what you mean by it, as your bound to tell me anyway.

Talking about 3rd party programs, some people think you cant be stopped using them. I used to play an MMO were people were banned for using windower, costume changes, and packet sniffing software (nasa bots etc). I've been online since BBS days when i was about 10 year old. and was coding at 5 on an atari400. plus you use the word troll, i don't live under a bridge, sunlight doesn't turn me to stone, and im not gonna bother finding out what you mean by it, as your bound to tell me anyway.

Dude... Seriously... no one gives 2 shits what you did as a kid.... and if youre as old as you sound.. perhaps its time to put on your big boy pants and stop posting on game forums....

Seems like too many kids are on this game instead of out climbing trees having apple fights, 2 worst things in the world are warm beer and cheeky kids. I'm 33, i dont want to play with or talk to these little shits. Especially not on an 18 game that's meant to be cruel and harrowing. f'that. Surely they've got Barbie horse adventures to finish or whatever other shite they play. Y'think your that Yoda dont you, playing with your lightsaber all day. Twat farm graduates. Also im not into ppl having an advantage using skype/teamspeak/ventrillo or even twatter. i think any third party programs should get you banned or at the least a 2 day ban. You know who you are and you all suck. So please do something about the legions of baldsacks roaming chernarus, squeaking my headset up.

Out climbing trees and having apple fights? Are you stupid? I am 17 and I am a bladesmith and have been skinning and tanning the hides of animals for a year and a half now for money. If you think I am lying, check the Hunting-Off Topic forum in a week or so. I hope, for your sake, that you have some sort of mental disorder, because that would explain why you act like such a child. Your IQ must be plummeting by the second with the obvious ignorance and discrimination you express. I am guessing you are part of WBC as well, yea? Maybe you are just full of rage because all your kids do is sit on the damn computer playing games the entire day because you can't discipline them yourself to go outside and do something. Therefore, you come on the internet and bitch to everyone else because you can't do shit.

And if you are trolling, then congratulations. I don't understand why people give kudos to troll posts like these. It is not impressive nor difficult to make and sustain.

1. Make an absurd statement backed by warped logic.

2.Continue to act like a moron when responding to comments.

Woopdy Doo, your such a pro...

Coding at 5 on Atari400? Online since BBS days? Used to play MMO? Sounds to me like you were the mirror image of the kids you are scrutinizing right now. I have always played videogames, console and pc. I still am capable of doing other things, just as well as every other person, under or over 18. However, I don't even know what the fuck is BBS or half of those software programs are. To me, it doesn't sound like you got out and "had apple fights" very much, but rather sat in your basement gaming excessively.. You are a hypocritical piece of garbage to sit there and generalize every person under 18 as the lonely child you once were. What you are doing is no different than some bullshit racist rant and should be treated only as such.

And that is why I am against making Dayz standalone for only people over 18. Even if it was, people, such as myself, would simply lie about the age when asked. (Not to mention that it would never happen because it would cut half the population of the community)

Other than that, I am indifferent to the idea of removing third party programs. =D

Edited by Spart248

That's cool, lie about your age, get one up on others, you'll only regret it when your older, thinking "where did my innocence go? oh yeah i started playing with older people who swear and talk about getting laid, and then i became one of them but never fitted in really". Younger people will always try to emulate the older crowd. So go on knock yourself out, shoot the messenger, become jaded at 20, hate the world. turn to crime if you want. i did.

That's cool, lie about your age, get one up on others, you'll only regret it when your older, thinking "where did my innocence go? oh yeah i started playing with older people who swear and talk about getting laid, and then i became one of them but never fitted in really". Younger people will always try to emulate the older crowd. So go on knock yourself out, shoot the messenger, become jaded at 20, hate the world. turn to crime if you want. i did.

Virtually nothing you just said made any sense, nor does it relate in any possible way to what I just said. I will just take this as your surrender to the fact that you are a deranged mental patient who has difficulty dealing with real-world issues, and therefore hates the world, turns to crime, and tries to get together whatever scrap of dignity he can by degrading other people on the internet.

(Or that your a troll)

Edited by Spart248

Seems like too many kids are on this game instead of out climbing trees having apple fights, 2 worst things in the world are warm beer and cheeky kids. I'm 33, i dont want to play with or talk to these little shits. Especially not on an 18 game that's meant to be cruel and harrowing. f'that. Surely they've got Barbie horse adventures to finish or whatever other shite they play. Y'think your that Yoda dont you, playing with your lightsaber all day. Twat farm graduates. Also im not into ppl having an advantage using skype/teamspeak/ventrillo or even twatter. i think any third party programs should get you banned or at the least a 2 day ban. You know who you are and you all suck. So please do something about the legions of baldsacks roaming chernarus, squeaking my headset up.

TLDR: "i'm old, unemployed, and still play videogames. i don't understand why i'm angry."

Out climbing trees and having apple fights? Are you stupid? I am 17 and I am a bladesmith and have been skinning and tanning the hides of animals for a year and a half now for money. If you think I am lying, check the Hunting-Off Topic forum in a week or so.

i remember that convincing auto-biography now.. went something like

snapback.pngGriff, on 15 August 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

You're not a true kiwi until you've learned to hunt, and trekked in the mountains.

Unfortunately, we're a dying breed.

----

snapback.pngSpart248

Not quite, my friend.

Gotta learn to skin properly, gut properly, what guts can and can't be eaten, how to tell how fresh a kill is (in case you come across a dead, barely touched animal), and how to properly tan a hide into either leather or fur (and the many ways to do so). Only then can you call yourself "Somewhat" of a survivalist.

i lolled hard

i remember that convincing auto-biography now.. went something like

"In a week"

You quoted my post from a week ago.

Let's learn to tell time.

"In a week"

You quoted my post from a week ago.

Let's learn to tell time.

ok bro. are u gonna nail a squirrel to the ground for us? been there man, its a golden age

just avoid eating any guts, most of all those of an animal you didnt kill

But I think we've already established that...

Kids will play it anyways, pretty much the only ones you'll keep out are the honest ones. More than that, a lot of kids are more mature that a lot of adults. Sure, their voice is squeaky, but character is more important than how deep your voice is. That's how it is for me anyways.

• Like 1

Of course I cant force random people not to use 3rd party crap. Only serious tactical clans in Arma2 put such restrictions on themselves to get more immersion from the game. But telling people that by using 3rd party communication software they dont put anyone on disadvantage is pure shit.

I've been using some in the military and you get one of these per team, "dude".

Yeah but it would only be real disadvantage if it was inaccessible but since its there for everyone I fail to see why you think it's an advantage when you can use it just as much. And who the hell asked you about the military people can have radios or even more high tech stuff, and what do we have in dayz? Oh yeah random survivors not squads of soldiers, just simple survivors banded together who raided that darn airfield and got them selves loads of radios. Use your imagination please.

And as I said there are LOADS of other things that can put others at a disadvantage for example the fact that there are freaking loot maps detailed with every spawn that is to this game! You must have some really bad memory of evil players that plotted evil things against you and you probably wouldn't have been sniped from 73297492 meters away if they didn't have ts3 yeah sure.

And lastly what about the ""dude"" ?:D Should I call you sir now? You must be one of those respect freaks that haunt the internet.