Sign in to follow this  
AfterShave

Randomly died WTF

Well I found a help crash site, was looking for gear when the score board just came up, no death shot, no sound.

Just fucking died

????

Long distance sniper.

The bullet reaches you before the sound. Someone was waiting and watching that crash site.

Sniper

Glitch

ALIENS

Are you upset, or just felt like sharing?

Felt like sharing, I've died 5-6 times due to the log-in death glitch so now I'm pretty much used to it.

Tho it was my first NV, sigh thought i could do some night time scouting with it.

No I had just returned from the airfield carrying some good loot, then I just died half way home.

I had a weird thing happen, I was in the back of the supermarket in Cherno. Zombies were strolling in from the front and I was headshotting them with my Makarov. One zombie comes back and I headshot him and it doesn't register, so I shoot his head twice more - he's still walking about. 'Okay maybe he's glitching' I think, another zombie has walked in so I headshot him - same thing. Anyway a few seconds later I fall down dead, all 12000 blood and some more gone, no shot fired. I chalked it up to hackers.

The part I didn't understand was that the zombies weren't dying from headshots. That is computed on the client-side I believe so I shouldn't have had any trouble with killing them should I? Such as lag? Or the server taking a pounding from the scripting?

well fuck, happened again on the same server, definitely hackers.

Me and around 10 people died together at the same instant, i was in cherno.

If you got shot by a sniper you should hear a SNAP sound assuming you hits or misses you.

Script killing is the reason why I don't even leave the coast now. You can just be walking around alone in the wilderness as night and for no reason at all you drop dead like you had a heart attack or something.

Well today i was looting NE air on a low pop. server, the loot didnt spawn, so i ran away and laid down into the grass. 10 minutes later i got up, and started running to the hangars, then i fell over dead.. That would be all right, if i havent had 12k blood, and if i had heard at least a single bit of sound.

So assuming that i was sprinting, and i havent heard a SINGLE thing (all i heard was a hatchet like sound, exactly a hatchet hit), and just fell over, then after asking the people who the hell was it and noone answered for like 10 mins, idk..

Btw, the options are:

1, i got shot by an M107, which i should have heard

2, i got shot by an AS50 with NATO ammo, but again, on the run 1/1 shot/hit?

3, some1 appeared in my ass with a hatchet, w/ completely no footstep sounds, and gave me a headshot

4, some1 gave me a headshot on the run with an mp5sd6, while being totally invisible

5, "something" else

So lets say AS50, if the guy was closer than 4-500 metres i should have heard something, if he was way further, how the hell did he hit me on the run? And why didn't he shoot me laying in the grass as an easy target?

And btw, before i ran to the hangars from the east side of the airstrip, i crouched up and used my binos to check the forests again......