Running:

-Intel i5 3570k

-AsRock Z77 Pro 3

-Corsair H100 cpu cooler

-Kingston Hyper X Memory Cooling fan

-Kingston Hyper X 16gb Memory

-Cooler Master 750 watt 80+ psu

-Kingston 120 gb SSD

Looking for a great GPU around $200.00-$300.00. I just get lost in the many different brands and types and the series. I want to run DayZ at full settings. So please offer your suggestions and ill give you some beans lol.

Have a look at this site:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Take your pick from that list, the skys the limit really, just depends how much you wanna spend. $2-300 will get you a very nice high end GPU. The Radeon HD 7870 is supposed to be a superbly good value for money card and within your budget (approx $280)

• Like 1

660ti just came out, very close to gtx670, and its only 300. The only card in the 200-300 price range that will run on all highest settings 60fps at 1920x1080.

• Like 1

7870 ... i would never invest my money in a old 5xx Nvidia ... got the Sapphire 7850 OC ... runs battlefield flawless on ultra settings ... and i never had any fps problems with DayZ on 1920x1080 ... view distance more than 7000 ... high/very high settings ... so i guess the 7870 would be even a better choice

• Like 1

660ti just came out, very close to gtx670, and its only 300. The only card in the 200-300 price range that will run on all highest settings 60fps at 1920x1080.

looking at the benchmark site posted above it appears that for 40.00 less i can get the gtx 570 and it rates performance wise higher than the 660ti.

I think ill be going with tigerdirect and gettting this one EVGA 012-P3-1573-AR GeForce GTX 570 HD SuperClocked Video Card - 1280MB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0 (x16), Dual DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, Overclocked, DirectX 11, Dual-Slot, SLI Ready

see what im talking about? So many options but now i think im gonna go with

Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 OC 11200-14-20G Video Card - 2GB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0(x16), 1x Dual-link DVI-I, 1x Dual-link DVI-D, 1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI, DirectX 11, CrossFireX, Dual-Slot, Overcloked

and im choosing this one at the moment because it uses pci-e 3.0

Edited by CrunchyBacon
  • Like 1

Do you have a PCI-e 3.0 motherboard though?

Maybe Im a bit behind with the times, but I thought PCI-e 2.0 was the current and 3.0 isnt out/widely available yet? O.o

• Like 2

see what im talking about? So many options but now i think im gonna go with

Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 OC 11200-14-20G Video Card - 2GB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0(x16), 1x Dual-link DVI-I, 1x Dual-link DVI-D, 1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI, DirectX 11, CrossFireX, Dual-Slot, Overcloked

and im choosing this one at the moment because it uses pci-e 3.0

+ its silent ...

• Like 1

Your mobo can run crossfire, and Im guessing this is the same as sli? For that price I would get 2 550 ti's if possible. I run it and it works great. Correct me if im wrong.

• Like 1

yeh my mobo says that it supports pci-e 3.0 and sli

• 100% All Solid Capacitor Design
  • Digi Power Design
  • Supports Dual Channel DDR3 2800+(OC)
  • 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slot, Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™, CrossFireX™
  • PCIE Gigabit LAN
  • Supports Intel® HD Graphics with Built-in Visuals
  • Dual VGA Output Options : D-Sub, HDMI
  • Combo Cooler Option (C.C.O.)
  • 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec), Supports THX TruStudio™
  • Supports ASRock XFast RAM, XFast LAN, XFast USB, OMG, Internet Flash, No-K OC, On/Off Play, Dehumidifier, UEFI System Browser
  • Supports Intel® Smart Connect, Intel® Rapid Start, Lucid Virtu Universal MVP
  • Free Bundle : CyberLink MediaEspresso 6.5 Trial, ASRock MAGIX Multimedia Suite

Well for that money, I believe 550 ti's 1gb are on sale for like 130-140 with $10 rebate. pretty killer deal if you ask me.

• Like 1

AMD says it's dropping prices of the 7 series cards by the end of this week so if you are going that route wait a few days, you could maybe pick up an overclocked 7870 for $250 - http://techreport.co...ussions.x/23447

[*]The Radeon HD 7950 (including those with Boost) drops from $349 to $319.

[*]The Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition drops from $299 to $249.

[*]The Radeon HD 7850 2GB drops to $209' date=' and the 1GB version to $189.

[/list']

• Like 1

Its basically up to what your board supports.

If your board supports Crossfire go with the 7870.

If your board supports SLI, go with the 660 TI.

Grab another one of the cards in a month or two. :P

See the review, both cards are worth it:

http://www.tomshardw...eview,3279.html

TL:DR Summary:

Here's the real bottom-line: using our benchmark suite and settings, the GeForce GTX 660 Ti and Radeon HD 7870 trade blows. That fact alone justifies Nvidia's $300 price tag. Your choice comes down to strengths, weaknesses, and features, then. If you don't tend to use anything more than 4x MSAA, the GeForce GTX 660 Ti will perform better than many of our results indicate, since you won't be taxing its memory subsystem as hard. Conversely, if you're a fan of lots of anti-aliasing, the Radeon cards tend to pull ahead in this price range.

From there, do you prefer AMD or Nvidia products?

Edited by Heaves
  • Like 1