Sign in to follow this  
dut

Newb story and question

First Post and Epic saga:

Started my zombie adventure by spawning east of a gnarly town with smokestacks. I ain't afraid of zombies so I fired some rounds into the air to let them know I was coming but this proved to be a dumb idea because shortly afterwards I got rushed by 3 zig zagging zombies. After dispatching the zombies like a pro I did a little dance around the backyard I was in. Just as I was finishing my dance there was a loud crack and a dust cloud picked up next to me. I stopped and stood there wondering what it was when there was another crack and I was on the ground bleeding, I swore and crawled to a low concrete wall while spamming the bandage button.

After tactically crying behind the wall for about 5 minutes I figured the danger was past, no sniper could possibly wait that long. So I stood up and wandered towards a house, I got as far as the doorstep before getting launched backwards by another shot. As I lay on the ground thinking about my short DayZ experience I heard footsteps approaching and a guy with a bolt-action rifle rounded the corner. At that point I realised I wasn't quite dead just grievously injured, I unloaded my makarov into and around the assailant and lol'd heartily as he fell. I bandaged myself and ate 9 tins of his food. With 1980 blood and still having crazy visuals I wandered into a forest.

I spent 2 hours walking around that forest having open eye hallucinations, getting the shakes, playing with glow sticks, listening to weird industrial music and collapsing in a heap every couple of minutes. Sound familiar? This game should be called "Rave Simulator." I soon got sick (actually felt ill) of the trippy visual effects in the woods so I gave up.

But that was okay! Because next time I logged on I had 12000 health and was starving to death. I resorted to banditry, shot the first player I saw and washed down my stolen beans with a big cup of sea water. Fast forward three hours and I have an AK and a bunch of sweet stuff, I don't do victory dances and I only occasionally fire into the air. Basically a cold hearted super bandit.

TL : DR

DayZ is awesome and I hope Mr.Rocket has something equally awesome planned for the millions of dollars he will soon be earning. Maybe he could buy Pripyat?

The question:

How do I steal backpacks or guns? I have shot guys with huge backpacks and awesome guns but I can only take their guns half the time and I can't work out how to put on their backpacks (which is the only reason I shot them) it makes me sad to leave stuff lying around.

IIRC you need to drop you backpack and them aim at the corpse, it'll show you "take backpack" in your action menu. If it doesn't access the gear and select the backpack, that should show you "take bag".

Thanks, I look forward to having more space to hoard my canned goods until I find some damn matches and I can get some meat. I have found more assault rifles and crossbows in peoples homes than matches, no wonder chernarus is so messed up.

My reign of terror is over. A grenade I threw glitched through the floor and killed me, then my game crashed and now my character is permadeaded because every time I join a server ARMA crashes.

Such is life in the zone.

My reign of terror is over. A grenade I threw glitched through the floor and killed me' date=' then my game crashed and now my character is permadeaded because every time I join a server ARMA crashes.

Such is life in the zone.

[/quote']

clap.gif

Bravo sir i was entertained. try reinstalling arma or reinstalling dayz twould be a shame to lose such lawls to arma2's bugs