Sign in to follow this  
chienchan

Extreme Lag Issues

Hey guys.

Im not really that good with all this computer stuff and basically im playing on a decent computer but i only get like 5-25 FPS when playing DayZ which is a shame because i really love the mod =/

i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00Ghz

8gig ram

NVIDIA GeForce GT 530 2gb

Those specs can easily run Dayz, the problem is, you could be running Norton /Mcafee Anticomputer. Clean your PC out, make sure there's limited startup programs, and that your internet is half-way decent/play on servers from your country.

I got all those settings off, and i have a really stable internet connection, i'll try to run it again without my antivirus stuff then

Try go to My documents/Arma 2/ Arma.cfg and change:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;

to

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

Should adjust the lag a little bit. If you wish to improve it even more, follow these steps.

1. Go to your Steam library

2. Right-click on Arma 2, then choose properties

3. Press "Launch options"

4. Here, enter -CpuCount=#, with # being your number of CPU's. This removed every single piece of lag for me. (If you don't know how many CPU's you have, press the windows flag key (this one). Write dxdiag in the window that shows up. Somewhere here it should say @ ___ GHz (___ CPUs).

Hope this helps!

Try restarting your modem and router before playing and try and find servers with a large amount of player slots (if possible, plug directly into your router). I've found most of the lag is from the server being overloaded, rather than my computer not being able to handle the game.

@Quantic: Thanks alot bro, i did what you said and my lag almost fully dissapeared, was an amazing feeling logging into DayZ with little to no lag :D

@Clockwork Monkey: Alright! i'll try that aswell! may reduce the lag evenmore =)