Sign in to follow this  
Chrismahony

arma2oakeygrabber.exe

Hey, so I downloaded mods for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, and when my PC starts up black boxes appear on my screen...like there is some sort of virus or spyware on my computer. I scanned my computer with 3 different anti-viruses that I use, and when I downloaded it there was nothing like a threat detected inside of it. But I loaded up the file (It was an .exe file)

And immediatly the black boxes came onto my screen, and now they appear everytime I load up my PC. So, I turned off my computer and loaded up my game the next day.

When I went to join a server, it said CD-KEY IN USE, which obviously means somehow the file or the person who made the file stole my CD key, any help or if you could get my game back would be greatly appreciated, but if I do get it back it will probably get taken again.

Also, I was searching through my Appdata folder to check for any files, I found a MANIFEST file named "arma2oakeygrabber.exe.manifest" along with "Microsoft.VC90.CRT.MANIFEST"... I deleted them off my computer.

Would there be any way that I could get my game(s) back?

If so, would be greatly appreciated, I decided to post it here because I cant be bothered waiting 3 days for bohemia to respond, I also contacted steam support about this and I gave them my keys and my details etc for proof of purchase. I cant play DayZ either. Please help :)

post-88195-0-42310800-1345557680_thumb.p

Hey fordy, what does the file do? If its a keygrabber I swear to god im gonna flip shit. Does it remove them from my pc?

Where did you download these mods?

You should only download Arma stuff from http://www.armaholic.com and http://www.armedassault.info

Both of those are run by long time and trusted OFP/Arma community members.

You should also wait until any new DayZ Launcher/Updater has been checked by Rocket and the Dev team before using them.

I got my cd key back - I found a file in my appdata/local/temp folder named

arma2oakeygrabber.exeand deleted it, all is good now. The guy that got my cd key had a DMR and m4a3 cco. Now its mine :D

Thanks everyone for the help! :D