Sign in to follow this  
lizardmech

Cannot pick up back packs

I have had this problem in every version and on every server so far, I can never pick up back packs unless they are on a corpse. I have tried everything from dropping my own pack, standing up and other things people on servers have suggested. Nothing I do has ever resulted in the pick up backpack option appearing in my menu. The strange thing is I have never even spoken to anyone who has had the same bug.

yup had this problem too, until I learned how to do it. Middle mouse button click, you should go to kneeling, then use middle button scroll to select Take Pack.

Some times you might also have trouble picking up a pack should it be laying on top of other loot. An easy fix is to pick up the other loot first, then you should be able to select the backpack(s). :)

I struggled with this as well - the trick (I found) was to NOT click the middle/mouse wheel button - start SCROLLING the mouse wheel while you're pointed at it, and you get additional options in the context menu. Hurrah!

If possible, try to press G while aiming at it (easier if it's with other loot) and scroll down to the bottom of the left list, you'll see the new backpack there.