Sign in to follow this  
Combos

Graphics artifacts fix

Faund somwhere dont remember where.

1. Download pbo viewer.

2. Make a backup @DayZ folder.

3. open dayz.pbo witch pbo viewer.

4. delete 3 files in folder objects called dead_soldier_0.p3d, dead_soldier_1.p3d, dead_soldier_template.p3d

5. copy 3 times file called proxy_man.p3d and rename this like up (dead_soldier_1 and etc.)

6. delete dayz.pbo

7. pack togheter edited pbo file to @dayz/addons

8. play the game without artifacts

Important: make backup copy @dayz, some servers can kick u for that so u doing this for yours responsibility. I think the best way to fix this is make dayz1.7.2.6 without Dead soldiers body in military areas. Small sugestion for Rocket ;p. And sorry for my english i know is bad ;) let me know that is work for u. Peace! ;)

• Like 7

Does sound like a good idea...but I wouldn't do it, without some kind of official "go ahead and fix it by yourself"

• Like 1

I dont know why this hasn't been done by the dev team already to be honest.

As much as i'd love to try this, i think i'll wait for an official fix in fear of some weird BE ban!

For me its works. But some servers can kick for edited pbo files so i allredy told u do backup files.

Bump to hopefully get an official word.

Can this be used on legitimate Hive servers without a ban from the Hive server? and at worst bans from the server you are playing on?

Edited by Tweakie

if the servers kick you and it is because of edited pbo files then there is an easy fix for that if the devs would get their hands out of their arse and that is called server keys, it is easy and bohemia which rocket already works for can easily make it so the servers approve of this edit, or they can even implement this fix which would be easier, but meh, not gonna happen this month, or next.

Edit: i am pretty sure that the graphics bug can be easily fixed on an engine like arma, as the cause has been found, some have the problems and some dont, because of the small amount of people who dont have artifacts you cant really take them into account, focuse on one side and start playing around with the barbed wire and soldiers while making a quick hotfix that has soldiers and barbed wire deleted, then run the soldiers and barbed wire on a different server with other testers, reliable ones maybe, and test all the fixes there are, you could even make a subforum for reports on artifacting.

The problem was caused by something coming with this one patch, go through what stuff that was changed with that patch and go back from the top, change it back to normal till it dissapears and you will have the root, or you should have the root.

It honestly shouldnt be hard enough for it to take 3 weeks or so, i mean even dice works faster that this and i am NOT HAPPY about saying that, not at all as i hate dice more than ever and always will, but still, they do honestly.

This is my opinion, this is how i think would be a desireable way to go at it, i am also one of those who do not have the graphical glitches, i only have the annoying ones from the barbed wire but they are easy to ignore, so yeah.

Edited by Zyfer
  • Like 2

Thos operation will only remove soldiers laying on the graund. Everyday i have artifacts and -flush didynt help me everytime. So i do that one and i dont have problem so far ;) yours choice to try this.

I was kicked from one serwer but not baned. U wil be kick like wrong version or something but i not sure so yours choice.

Edited by Combos

Well, still waiting on anyone from the DayZ "staff" to give word, if it is allowed: I will do it in a heartbeat.

Plus a question, if I do it to the server files...would that perhaps help all the players? Or would it then kick all the players who haven't done this "fix"?

person who have server must anwer for this qestion.

Sounds great, but wouldn't want to get a global ban for an "incorrect checksum" on the PBO file or whatever it is that pops up all the time with other people.

Has someone PM'd the dev team ? Can you PM from this forum ?

So this must be checked by official support team.I dont know whats setting have admins of the servers so i cant tell why i was kicked from one server and i can playing in other. just dont know. They can do a hotfix with deleted slodiers and that will be end of this shit XD

Yeah i PM'ed 3 of them with this thread a few hours ago....no answer yet :(

Works, but after a few minutes it kicks you off the server. At least all the ones I have tried so far, does anyone know a server that won't kick for this?

Btw guys this works perfectly. Yes I've been kicked from a couple of servers, but my friend who did not make the change got kicked by the same servers.

Edited by galhast

Well, still waiting on anyone from the DayZ "staff" to give word, if it is allowed: I will do it in a heartbeat.

Plus a question, if I do it to the server files...would that perhaps help all the players? Or would it then kick all the players who haven't done this "fix"?

they're kinda busy dividing up $33,728,010...

• Like 1

Just because nobody has posted it on this one.

Hold Control + Shift then hit the minus key (this one "-" ). Then type flush. Either that or quit -> different server. Works for me! Not a perma fix though but it has helped.

I was played some servers with no problem kinda kick/ban. So admin can approve modified data when they setup the servers. Make this topic very hot maybe dayz staff will find this or maybe they do not want to do right now. they waiting for standalone dayz.

Trizzo "-flush" just not helping every time. And when someone shooting to me i dont have time to do this. Alt+TAB not working to me too. Changing settings in NVIDIA settings is faill only this working so far.

I hungry for Beans give me one ;p

Ps. i forgot u dont need to hold Ctrl. Just left shift and numpad minus then tape flush and ? fu**k again didnt work ;( that is sad true.

COMMUNITY give some fire to this topic. Lets BIS know what we want !!! ;D

Edited by Combos
  • Like 1

Yeah I don't think flush has ever worked for me, but I try it regardless. Really want to know if we can use this fix!

This fix must be done by DayZ staff in order to have the proper bisign key applied to the pbo pack. Else the signature check will fail (as you all have now seen when getting kicked from servers).

lets wait for their response than. i dont even play anymore becouse of glitches on most important location. if this isnt priority number 1 to fix ASAP i dont know what it is.