Sign in to follow this  
Ignite (DayZ)

Eddy the Bus... GONE!

Right. I want to begin this post by apologizing in advance if I am posting in the wrong forum area or whatever reason I shouldn't be posting a new topic for. I'm a newbie both in DayZ and the forums, so bear with me, please!

Though, I'll begin. Yesterday, at around 7pm UTC, me and my friend who always play duo with voice chat found a bus in elektro, driven (apparently) into the church door. I checked a dayz map online, and it seemed that it was indeed a bus spawn spot. Being the first vehicle we've ever seen so close, you can imagine our thrill. We gathered the items required to repair the bus (Engine was red, also lacked 2 wheels. Fuel tank was leaking, too.) and brought a jerry can to it. As you can imagine, a large vehicle in the middle of Elektro, we had to protect it. We had both bandits and other mingebags (or newbies) run into it and try to drive it away. Once we did get it fixed, we immediately drove it away to a fuel tank, filled it up and continued. We used the bus to salvage several towns before we decided to call it a night and drive the bus to a spot we deemed safe.

We took the bus away from all towns, behind a small hill in a forest. There was absolutely nothing of value near that area, and it wasn't on the edge of the map. We saved the bus (multiple times) in the spot we left it in and threw some stuff into the storage.

The next day, we log in, and the bus is gone. There was barely any players (2-5) online both at the time we logged out and in.

Hence, I was wondering. Where is it? Did we really get such a terrible luck that someone found it, or is it a glitch or a bug?

We even named the thing. :(

It's either been discovered or the server has restarted.

There are alot of posts about vehicles and tents not saving properly on server restarts.

So it has to be one or the other.

Poor Eddy, all alone somewhere!

Edited by GeordieMarv

no not bad luck. in 1.7.2.5 when u fix up a a vehicles it will respawn back it its spawn point after the server resets. u cant do anything about it. its just a pug

Oh, a shame. I guess the server DID restart, though I'm not sure. We just now found a broken hatchback and an offroad truck, which reinforces my thoughts.

We'll fix up a different vehicle, then. We'll miss you, Eddy.