dillonblunts

Crossbow could be my favorite weapon

As the title says, the crossbow could end up being my favorite weapon, if coupled with a few things.

Allow me to begin by saying that i searched for a topic similar to this and didn't find one, if there is one I am sorry for beginning an unnecessary post. Also, this is mainly an idea for the standalone game (if things like attachments/different kinds of ammo are implemented)

I have a crossbow in real life, and when i got it it was very much like the crossbow in the current version of DayZ.

The bolts have field tips which are sharp, but if you got hit with one you could pull it out with relative ease and probably be okay (depending on where you were hit). The sight on it was a little better, it had your basic rifle iron-sight style.

After some slight modification, I believe I would rather be shot with an AK-74 if i had to choose. The tips I use are some razor-edged, sharp, insane looking tips. The scope I have is similar to an M24 scope. The effective range on it is far better than in the game, and the accuracy is also far greater.

My crossbow is a weapon that is not to be underestimated, just ask many a deer.

If there were a chance i could find a crossbow in a barn, put a CCO or M24 (even a DMR) scope on it, get some wicked tips, and carry a few more bolts than are currently allowed, the crossbow would easily be my favorite weapon. Im sure someone else agrees.

additionally, i know how to make my own bolts and arrows.

Darryl Dixon, ftw?

• Like 2

Yes, Darryl ftw!

Rocket confirmed that the stand-alone version will provide players with a quiver so you can carry more bolts.

Weapon customization was confirmed too but of course nobody knows if the crossbow will be customizable.

1. Play DayZ for the first time

2. Find Crossbow

3. OMG OMG BEST WEAPON EVER ... DARRYL DIXON MODE: ON

4. LOL WTF IS THIS SHIT

5. Never pick up Crossbow again

• Like 8

Agreed and they really need to increase the effective range, according to the dayzwiki page that range is currently 30 meters. As far as I know such weapons are easily lethal at 200 meters in real life so it doesn't make much sense at all.

Edited by Grodenn
  • Like 1

Yes mine too!

I really enjoy it playing with the Crossbow.With a little more Range a Quiver and some more Damage on players it would be my first choose.

2. Find Crossbow

4. LOL WTF IS THIS SHIT

Haha. Basically.

2. Find Crossbow

4. LOL WTF IS THIS SHIT

2. Find Crossbow

4. LOL i can oneshot Z´s on 30m and get my Bolt back..

5. Thanks Rocket for the best Gun ingame!

:facepalm:

I would use the x-bow if it came with a sight, more range and a quiver - 6 bolts is the same space a car engine or rotar assembly takes up??

Also, the walkers in the The Walking Dead ambled & shuffled and did not clear 100m in 9.46 seconds, crossbows a too slow for these dudes.

Also, the walkers in the The Walking Dead ambled & shuffled and did not clear 100m in 9.46 seconds, crossbows a too slow for these dudes.

i was referring more to doing more damage to players, in a sense. but also, if you can hit a runner with a lee enfield you can hit them with a bolt.

then get it back.

i was referring more to doing more damage to players, in a sense. but also, if you can hit a runner with a lee enfield you can hit them with a bolt.

then get it back.

I'm the player will pick up the bolt. After they've shot you with the Lee Enfield.

May i suggest this exploding bolts that rambo has? (for that very agressiv deer of course)

• Like 1

I am looking forward to the inclusion of better implemented crossbows too, they are an awesome weapon. If the ammo/bolts didn't currently take up so much room i'd carry one with me at all times.

2. Find Crossbow

4. LOL WTF IS THIS SHIT

This was awesome. DARRYL DIXON MODE hahaha

2. Find Crossbow

6. I just died to a sniper runnning to a zombies body to retreive the bolt!!

• Like 1

I feel like buying a crossbow now.

Already got a compound bow, but I need more weapons!

• Like 1

I'm the player will pick up the bolt. After they've shot you with the Lee Enfield.

what im suggesting would be kinda like the player is unable to now pick up the bolt or use a lee enfield, because they have a much bigger problem in the razor sharp, prong-tipped "buck-dropper" bolt that is now embedded in their chest, and will very likely kill them, even if they escape and dont get medical attention.

i think itd be hard to continue the gunfight, realistically.

my real-life crossbow could be compared in both range and damage i believe to be equivalent to that of the CZ550

my real-life crossbow could be compared in both range and damage i believe to be equivalent to that of the CZ550

You're crazy.

i dont know what everyone is on about i love the crossbow i think its a perfect wepon especially if you take the time to find a secluded area and pratice shooting trees to work out long range shots i have made shots 150+ with not much hassle and netted more than a few pk with it as for the ammo taking up a single slot if your good with it you only need to carry 2 or 3 bolts