Sign in to follow this  
Daisah

Bandits, bandits everywhere.

Hello,

I just started playing DayZ (I'm finding it amazing) and I wanted to know is anybody friendly.. like at all?

I play on the Australian servers, every time I've seen another player I've declared friendly but they always shoot me.

How do YOU approach other players? Cautiously? Aggressively? Just plain run-the-other-way?

From now on I think I'll shoot on sight. I tried to be nice, friendly and helpful.

You made me this way.

• Like 1

You made me this way.

You made my Day sir :thumbsup: :beans:

• Like 1

There are friendlies out there. There seem to be an abundance here on the forums.

Personally, I get myself an advantage over someone and then try to communicate with them. It helps to have a mic too. The time it takes to type makes people very nervous.

I try to help unarmed people and fresh spawns with some items, I never hand out weapons though for obvious reasons.

Also, if someone is running along with a coyote back and an AS50 then I will probably shoot first. The odds are that they are bandits and what is in their pack is better in mine.

Just be cautious, if someone isn't a threat then do what you will. Don't give away your position until you feel that you can come out on top if it goes awry.

Happy surviving.

• Like 1

There are friendlies out there. There seem to be an abundance here on the forums.

Personally, I get myself an advantage over someone and then try to communicate with them. It helps to have a mic too. The time it takes to type makes people very nervous.

I try to help unarmed people and fresh spawns with some items, I never hand out weapons though for obvious reasons.

Also, if someone is running along with a coyote back and an AS50 then I will probably shoot first. The odds are that they are bandits and what is in their pack is better in mine.

Just be cautious, if someone isn't a threat then do what you will. Don't give away your position until you feel that you can come out on top if it goes awry.

Happy surviving.

This. Holy hell, I miss when the mod first came out, those first few weeks. Everyone was grouping up,trading, sharing, and just having a damn good time while at the same time murdering the shit out of zeds. Now it's just a pain in the ass with both the combination of jackasses killing on sight, and the hacker breakouts that have been happening lately.

Arma II didn't used to have this many hackers. Why? Because all the children who perform them didn't even know about Arma until DayZ.

• Like 7

I try to be friendly...but playing with my bro we both get over protective so shoot on site...playing on own I will always voice chat first..if no reply I shoot :)

Nooooo! Don't let them change you! Keep fighting the good fight!

I'm friendly, always. When I meet up with other players I declare it, and then usually lie down prone and turn away from them. If they want to shoot me, they'll have to shoot me in the back as I'm lying in the dirt. Some do. Others hesitate... are you really, they'll ask... and I assure them I am. If they don't kill me, I'll give them blood or food or medicaiton or whatever they need.

• Like 1

It's because people are getting bored and for the most part the only real challenge left is to kill other players.

This is somewhat true. There is little challenge in shooting unarmed fresh spawns in Elektro from the hills. The end game is really the main PVP hubs like the northern airfields and Stary which is fair game. Don't go there not expecting to fight someone.

I've had my time as a bandit and it's fun for a while but the lack of real firefights is just boring. Shooting a heavily equipped survivor with an M14 from cover is just...meh.

I find the real challenge is to be friendly and to help others as you have to wade through a load of shitty sniper fire to actually do it.

• Like 1

I find the real challenge is to be friendly and to help others as you have to wade through a load of shitty sniper fire to actually do it.

YES!! In this game's world, we're the ones who will help bring about the new society and build humanity back to what it once was.

Well... if we don't get killed first. :P

Some hope for humanity restored. I think I may be cautious and study people I see first, not having a mic makes it hard to talk and typing can be dangerous.

I also keep getting shot in one of the towns, not sure which is which at the moment, but I never see the shooter. It sucks as it's just after I respawn and have nothing of value anyway.

Hi Daisah, welcome to dayz. I'm a friendly player. In fact I've never shot anyone, not even in self defence. I would say make friends via the forum and something like skype or teamspeak - then go into servers. You can't trust people you meet on servers. Have fun :thumbsup:

• Like 2

That's what I'm doing mostly but it does get annoying after the 5th guy in a row just shoots you after you've helped him and possibly even saved his life. <_<

Well all of this just comes down also in what area you're in. For example if you're in electro or cherno.... people WILL see you as a threat. Since one single survivor will not want to take the chance of actually getting shot later on, so they eventually kill them before hand. Or they dont want to share good loot that is in the city and actually have a feeling of loss if they see you next time with a newly obtained ghillie suit. So going into those citys... well there is nothing called friendly there, since every survivor in there is full of greed to obtain everything thats good and desperation to survive.

Sadly, welcome to DayZ of today.

The only people in DayZ who aren't bandits, are those who only met bandits, thus getting "bandit kills".