kilmannan

How do you play DayZ?

I've only been playing DayZ for a day or two, so yes, very much a 'noob', however we all were once.

The one thing I've realised pretty quickly is that the sandbox style means that unless you're happy just surviving, it's going to get flat pretty quickly on your own and I will be on my own because of work and the limited time I get to play.

So thinking back over all the survival books and films I've ever enjoyed, I've started fresh with a new objective.

My brother lives in Olsha. Have they survived? I've no idea. I need to get back there to find out. (I've started in Kamenka). I've got to go cross-country, the beaches are too dangerous from what I've seen and heard already.

It's going to be a hard journey, I just hope they've managed to hold out.......

Day Z - How do you play yours?

Same way...unless I've got a few buddies (which can be rare unfortunately) I often indulge in a little case scenario such as yourself.

I started by hiking through the woods from Kamapobo last night toward Msta. From there, I would gather supplies and head out towards the north east in search of the last reported sighting of a friend...

Really gets you immersed.

We should buddy up and detail some of these scenarios for a journal?

I kill people and take their shit. After I die and have nothing to lose I go around Cherno/Elekt throwing empty cans at people out of spite.

Sounds good esaciar, we can definitely look at getting something organised, perhaps next weekend?

PM me with the server you play on.

Excellent...will do mate.

I bob around UK6 and UK9 mainly...anything that runs 1.7

living alone in the woods, roaming place to place like a gypsy. make own food, only loot deer post, hoard items and rarely meet anyone.

I play with my hands on the keyboard and mouse, then I press buttons to move around and shoot. It's quite an impressive sight to behold.