Sign in to follow this  
PvtBeaner

Another "I quit because..."

I started playing this game because I loved the idea of it. A zombie survival game in an open sandbox environment, it all seemed very nice. The game itself is a great idea, and implements most of what it is trying to do very well.

Unfortunately, the community is awful. I have played many games and been part of many more online boards, yet I find this one to be the most immature and disrespectful. Nearly every post is flamed and every opinion is shot down. No one feels welcome here and this carries over into the game. The players have taken what could be a fun game and turned it into complete shit. I have watched nearly all of Rocket's interviews and from what I can gather he invests heavily in what the community wants. However, within the community, anyone who disagrees with a part of the game is immediately shot down.

For example, I think this game is far to PvP heavy. I just love all of those snipers camping outside of Elektro calling themselves bandits while shooting anything that moves. This does not add to the game in any way. Those players never loot the bodies and gain nothing by killing a starting player. If your argument for this is "Once you get to endgame there is nothing else to do," allow me to break it down for you. You could 1: attempt to add something to the game by being a character of sorts; take people hostage, scare people, loot people at gunpoint. 2: If you don't wish to add anything to the gameplay you can always... go outside, or play something else.

I know this will be shot down by the usual active members of the forum (closed minded individuals with little of value to say) but think of what this mod was designed to be. Now realize what it has actually become. DayZ is a deathmatch with an extra long loading screen.

• Like 1

While I feel that there are a few more bandits out there than friendlies please bear in mind that the gameplay is determined by the players. I would suggest you try the survivors forum and find people who have a similar play style. We aren't all evil baddies looking to snipe people. Some of us like myself enjoy trying to survive and the occasional firefight with a bandit squad prowling. Instead of quitting why not make it a point to form your own Cherno/Electro policing squad and secure the perimeter for the fresh spawns. I do what I can to help players when I can just bear in mind that anyone can turn on you even people you help as its just the nature of the beast. Best of luck in whatever you decide but remember the game is what you choose it to be so maybe you can choose to stay and champion the cause of the survivors. The surprising encounters you run across when you actually get to interact with another player are fantastic even if it ends badly.

Havent had anty hacking experience for quite a while...i think you should join a more reliable server...

• Like 1

I started playing this game because I loved the idea of it. A zombie survival game in an open sandbox environment, it all seemed very nice. The game itself is a great idea, and implements most of what it is trying to do very well.

Unfortunately, the community is awful. I have played many games and been part of many more online boards, yet I find this one to be the most immature and disrespectful. Nearly every post is flamed and every opinion is shot down. No one feels welcome here and this carries over into the game. The players have taken what could be a fun game and turned it into complete shit. I have watched nearly all of Rocket's interviews and from what I can gather he invests heavily in what the community wants. However, within the community, anyone who disagrees with a part of the game is immediately shot down.

For example, I think this game is far to PvP heavy. I just love all of those snipers camping outside of Elektro calling themselves bandits while shooting anything that moves. This does not add to the game in any way. Those players never loot the bodies and gain nothing by killing a starting player. If your argument for this is "Once you get to endgame there is nothing else to do," allow me to break it down for you. You could 1: attempt to add something to the game by being a character of sorts; take people hostage, scare people, loot people at gunpoint. 2: If you don't wish to add anything to the gameplay you can always... go outside, or play something else.

I know this will be shot down by the usual active members of the forum (closed minded individuals with little of value to say) but think of what this mod was designed to be. Now realize what it has actually become. DayZ is a deathmatch with an extra long loading screen.

A unique point of view. Wait, no it's not. This board has it's angst filled teenagers attempting to demolish what they don't understand, sure. But so does your local high school. What you note as "possible endgame solutions" may not be as appealing as shooting some helpless fool in the face. I however find armed robbery and large scale firefights to be fantastic... I play with others who hate the idea of risking life for little gain. Oh well. We're on the internet hidden behind computers in the safety of our homes, making it easier to treat everyone like shit. Your options are to fall in with the crowd or to lead by example. I don't see your dilemma? If you feel this is one of the worst forum communities you've ever been a part of, you haven't been a part of many then. Off of the top of my head I can name 3 that I think are worse: Diablo 3's board( blizzard boards in general really), the League of Legends forum, and any of the FPS sub-forums on steam (id est Counter Strike). What you cite as downfalls are all far more prevalent in those forums. At least on here you run the chance of engaging in conversation with a developer or armed forces member intrigued by weapon mechanics. Beats the hell out of E-thuggin it with those basement dwelling neck-beards over at the Diablo forums. Granted I come across many off color threads on here typically started by an immensely ignorant American giving us all bad names in public, but that happens everywhere. The active members on here are not exactly "close-minded" and of little worth dude. Remember with that generalized statement you are pooling the forum team, dev team, and Rocket himself into said "close-minded idiotic" category. This mod has not "been designed" it is in the midst of being designed. There are kinks to work out in all respects, even in the community. Think of it as they release "box". 1 million people want to play "shape" and of that lot 500k want to play box. As box changes to square you are left with the 500k that get the gist and the other 500 move on. It will happen here, trust me. A rough example at best but it's not hard to follow. You seem to be part of the latter. The "moving on" group. Have fun and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• Like 1

A unique point of view. Wait, no it's not. This board has it's angst filled teenagers attempting to demolish what they don't understand, sure. But so does your local high school. What you note as "possible endgame solutions" may not be as appealing as shooting some helpless fool in the face. I however find armed robbery and large scale firefights to be fantastic... I play with others who hate the idea of risking life for little gain. Oh well. We're on the internet hidden behind computers in the safety of our homes, making it easier to treat everyone like shit. Your options are to fall in with the crowd or to lead by example. I don't see your dilemma? If you feel this is one of the worst forum communities you've ever been a part of, you haven't been a part of many then. Off of the top of my head I can name 3 that I think are worse: Diablo 3's board( blizzard boards in general really), the League of Legends forum, and any of the FPS sub-forums on steam (id est Counter Strike). What you cite as downfalls are all far more prevalent in those forums. At least on here you run the chance of engaging in conversation with a developer or armed forces member intrigued by weapon mechanics. Beats the hell out of E-thuggin it with those basement dwelling neck-beards over at the Diablo forums. Granted I come across many off color threads on here typically started by an immensely ignorant American giving us all bad names in public, but that happens everywhere. The active members on here are not exactly "close-minded" and of little worth dude. Remember with that generalized statement you are pooling the forum team, dev team, and Rocket himself into said "close-minded idiotic" category. This mod has not "been designed" it is in the midst of being designed. There are kinks to work out in all respects, even in the community. Think of it as they release "box". 1 million people want to play "shape" and of that lot 500k want to play box. As box changes to square you are left with the 500k that get the gist and the other 500 move on. It will happen here, trust me. A rough example at best but it's not hard to follow. You seem to be part of the latter. The "moving on" group. Have fun and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I agree with most of what you say and I am fully aware my point of view is not unique. As far as forums go, I am not part of many gaming forums but a lot of general forums about various things. Saying this forum is not bad compared to other forums concerning gaming just makes me more disappointed in the gaming community as a whole. How low should I set the bar?

Ever tried taking someone hostage at gun point in this game? unlike real life I can alt f4 before he says give me your stu.... Shit he left. Went into a high value barn around the time I had started. Go to walk down the steps and two guys come walking in. Thankfully I got lucky and found a barn full of axes. They demanded that I give them my gear at gun point.. I responded sure one sec. and manually left the game.

No one cares that you are leaving over how you feel other players should enjoy the mod they downloaded for a $23 game.

Also these forums are quite tame compared to most.. Wow/Sc2/D3/LoL/Hon/Dota are way worse than this.

see you around the forums tiger

I'm 100% bandit... i've got -89444 humanity but i refuse to snipe, my kills are with pistols and what i find in cherno. I never leave cherno and if someone says friendly i always say bandit and give them a chance to move, if they dont move they die... I give fair chances.