JohnCD95

Fixing Bugs - Main Priority

Ok, I recently heard that the main priority at the moment is to add dogs to the game.

Currently there's so many bugs on DayZ, such as vehicles not saving, people randomly getting knocked out, peoples backpack disappearing when putting a ghillie suit on, etcetera.

These bugs are luring people away from DayZ.

Bugs should be the main priority.

Fix the bugs first, then add more features.

Before you know it, there will be too many bugs to fix, then you will be having to delete features to find the core of a certain bug.

I script for SA-MP servers and I know from experience that it's best to fix bugs first.

Edited by JohnCD95
  • Like 1

As Rocket has said before he really wants to fix all the bugs but it is boring and takes a lot of time. Also the only way he gets headlined on sites such as Kotaku is by adding new features. So as long as the team is enjoying what they are doing, than I'm fine with that. I wouldn't want them to only work on bugs then get so frustrated they stop working on it at all. (Which they would never do...)

Time will only tell, so maybe take a break and come back when all the bugs are fixed, or just live with them.

As Rocket has said before he really wants to fix all the bugs but it is boring and takes a lot of time.

Ok, well that attitude is not the correct approach he is doing here.

He wants to release it as a standalone game I hear, well he needs to sort the way he approaches this.

Of course bug fixing is boring, like I said, I know as I script too.

But it needs to be done, you can't ignore them and just build up on the bugs.

Once another feature is released, more then likely there will be another bug, so this is why you shouldn't ignore the older ones.

Also the only way he gets headlined on sites such as Kotaku is by adding new features. So as long as the team is enjoying what they are doing, than I'm fine with that.

Not necessarily.

Major bugs that DayZ has needs to be fixed, that would make headlines there.

As I said, these bugs are luring people away, I have seen people make threads about it.

I'm not complaining.

I just think bugs should be the main priority.

Or, adding new features whilst fixing the bugs...

I think that Dev's current top priority is the standalone game...

Well as I have been trying to say.

Do you really think it can be released as a standalone with all these bugs?

This is why bugs should be the main priority to fix.

Well as I have been trying to say.

Do you really think it can be released as a standalone with all these bugs?

This is why bugs should be the main priority to fix.

Then head to the bug report forum if you got bugs to report. Don't flood the suggestions forum with your tears.

Edited by twix
  • Like 1

If you complain about bugs during alpha testing then you don't deserve to be playing the game in the first place. They'll be fixed at some point... Chill the fuck out, avoid buggy items and just have fun with the mod.

If you complain about bugs during alpha testing then you don't deserve to be playing the game in the first place. They'll be fixed at some point... Chill the fuck out, avoid buggy items and just have fun with the mod.

I don't need to chill, as I said I am not complaining.

I am merely suggesting that before adding new features, you should concentrate on fixing bugs first.

They will fix this bugs in standalone and if they will have the mood they will also release patch for the Mod.

the code is almost the same... I guess.

Edited by DooM4MR