Sign in to follow this  
Dariooo

Spawning in the Wilderness?

Yesterday I was in elektro on my 2nd ever life in DayZ. I just got the game a few days ago and my first life didn't go well but I have watched enough videos/steams to understand the game. I managed to kill someone looting a house in Elektro. On him I found a ghillie suit, silenced M4 with tons of mags, Silenced M9 with tons of mags, and other supplies like food/water/medicine. I immediately took what I could and booked it to the forest. I spent a while in the forest watching players in Elektro contemplating whether to go in or not but in the end I just proned beside a tree and logged out...

This is where the weird thing happens. This morning when I logged back in I was in 'wilderness' in the middle of nowhere, I ran east until my thirst meter was blinking red and found nothing, I left the server thinking it was a bug and joined a new one, once again I spawn in the exact same spot 'wilderness', nowhere near Elektro.

Does anyone know why this has happened to me? Before everytime I logged out I would respawn close to that location or atleast on the coast, but now I am respawning in the middle of nowhere...

check your version and the versions of the servers your trying to join. if thats not the problem its just bad luck.

It happened because of crap coding. Not your fault.

Bottom line: If you have a compass and good loot you want to keep, run SE for about 2 hours and you'll get back on the map. If you have crap loot and just want to start over by killing yourself, good luck, because rocket took out the respawn button. So NOW, in order to kill yourself and respawn, you're going to have to slowly die from thirst or hunger FIRST.

lovely, isn't it.