Sign in to follow this  
tehmasman

Elektro Powerstation is fun.

Was fresh spawned in Elektro after running across a field and getting sniped (In hindsight large open fields with a guy sprinting across them was probably not the best tactic). I procceded out to the power station in hopes of an AK or something to begin gearing up before heading northward, with a friendly gillie sniper derping around on overwatch. Everything is cool, except for the lack of guns, a hatchet being my only find, when my friend calls out a bandit entering the power station from the hills.

For whatever reason the bandit started looting the zombie bodies out the front of the firestation, when it began to rain, obscuring the shot my friend was lining up on him.

So I ran out the door hit him with my hatchet once, twice, he proceeds to spray his 1911 at me, breaking my legs and forcing me to the ground where I hit him once more, before we both go down, unconscious. Luckily I stand up first, hit him twice more with my hatchet before quickly bandaging with 500 blood left, a close call, I check his gear, DMR with one mag, 1911, alice pack, full toolkit bar GPS but sadly no NV goggles or rangefinder.

I manage to run up the hill to my friend waiting with a blood transfusion for me.

Good times.

• Like 1

Indeed it is fun! Went towards there the other day with a couple friends. Saw somebody on the hill overlooking Elektro, then saw him book it towards the powerstation. We're getting closer to the powerstation, aiming for the firehouse, when the two people I'm with see someone fall off the skinny tower next to the power station. I go around the corner, see a guy fighting a zombie, and kill him. Saw he'd already killed the previous guy from the hill. Not a terribly major event, but still a bit of fun in our DayZ adventures.

AS50 + Ghillie Suit + Rangefinder + Elektrozavodsk Power Plant = Good Times.

I have 17 murders and 2 bandit kills, just from camping that hill.

But now I'm out of AS50 mags ;(

But good times while it lasted!

I wish I had good memories there.

My buddy and I headed out that way, went into the firehouse hoping to find some ammo, or a sniper. Firehouse was a bust, but then we find a dude just kinda chillin, AFK against a wall in his ghillie suit. We take him out before he can take us out (and got a bandit kill - GOOD call on our part!) And he had an AS50 on him! about 2 minutes later, as I was upstairs looting ACP ammo for the revolver I took from the bandit, I hear a cannon go off, and my buddy dies. He runs back, gets his stuff, dies again.

At this point, I haul ass to the firehouse again, close all the doors, hide under the stairs, and begin to eat a can of sardines, as my food started flashing. AS SOON as I started eating, 4 dudes in ghillies and Assault Rifles bust down the back door and unload everything they had into me while I enjoyed my salty little fish...

Not so good memories. If I hadn't been eating, I may have been able to take one of them with me... But, oh well, so it goes.

Axe murder is the best. especialy if the guy is well armed. If i catch a guy going up in the tower and all I have is a hatchet, I wait at the bottom of the stairs just outside the tower area, and clip his legs as he runs out.