Teach (DayZ)

I have officially played too much DayZ!

So tonight I had the most effed up dream ever.

So I was just at the Olympic stadium watching a football (soccer to Americans) match, it was Argentina vs Spain and for some reason Lionel Messi was there and he couldn't get a goal no matter how hard he tried. Suddenly I hear gunfire and everyone in the stadium starts panicking, for a while I hide behind one of the seats and these 4 guys just pass me, they are all merry and are just repeatedly singing "We are the bandits" with a happy tone. At this point i am bloody panicking but I manage to sneak a peek. I see two guys with ghillie suit (low-res just like in my DayZ), a survivor and a guy with a turban just like in DayZ. So one of them spots me and just starts spraying while he sings, I of course panic even more and the first reaction to it is to alt+f4 but I just couldn't find the right buttons. Finally though after taking a hit I find the right button combination and manage to bail out of there using alt+f4.

So in short, I just used alt+f4 to bail from my own bloody dream.

• Like 11

I suppose that's better than having a dream where you launch a boat out to an island and kill dozens of unarmed children...

P.S. Yes, I agree... I think you've played DayZ too much. ;)

Your bloody weird.

I have dreams about tits and mech-dragons, not together.

I have been called worse :D And damnit, you got my hopes up, that sounded like a fantastic combination!

Am I the only one who face-palmed when he said his first reaction was to alt-f4? Even in your dreams you're a coward.

Edited by TheDesigner
  • Like 4

WTF, you have to stop sleeping, like I do :thumbsup:

Or buy the BAF and PMC expansions...

Let me get this straight, I never alt-f4 out of combat. And as a medic I even punish for that. The dream just reflects DayZ in its entirety :D

Let me get this straight, I never alt-f4 out of combat. And as a medic I even punish for that. The dream just reflects DayZ in its entirety :D

Bullshit.

So I was just at the Olympic stadium watching a football (soccer to Americans) match.

Blah, blah, cool story. But seriously... Brits came up with 'soccer' first. You just stopped using the word because other countries called it 'football'. Read up: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Oxford_"-er"

Edited by Lonrem

I guess this is one of those moments identical to how every time I play online, I learn more about my mother's sex life, if you get my drift.

SUP MEDIC BRAH!!!!

• Like 1

I didn't mean it as disrespect btw, just wanted to clarify :)

No disrespect taken. Just spreading the word. Also, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada are known to prefer the word 'soccer'. :D But on a more on-topic note, back when I was playing WoW more often I actually thought during a long drive: "It'll be okay, I'll get there, do my thing, then just hearthstone home."
  • Like 1

Hahah I also dreamt about DayZ. My friends, me and some other people were located at a shopping mall / warehouse. I went outside alone, searching for weapons. Suddenly I found an assault rifle and a bazooka in the bushes. I went in there and suddenly I heard zombies. I tried to take the bazooka but couldn't. I sprinted to the entrance but got hit in the face and hand. I was bleeding bad. I managed to get inside where my wounds were taken care of.

Meanwhile I actually had to go on a boat with 2 other friends to escape or something, but because I ran into zombies I missed my friends. Then I had to follow a stream of people who were walking together to the boat. I was alone, it felt creepy, yet still it felt good and exciting.

Then I woke up, happy. I love dreams like this.

• Like 1

Hahah I also dreamt about DayZ. My friends, me and some other people were located at a shopping mall / warehouse. I went outside alone, searching for weapons. Suddenly I found an assault rifle and a bazooka in the bushes. I went in there and suddenly I heard zombies. I tried to take the bazooka but couldn't. I sprinted to the entrance but got hit in the face and hand. I was bleeding bad. I managed to get inside where my wounds were taken care of.

Meanwhile I actually had to go on a boat with 2 other friends to escape or something, but because I ran into zombies I missed my friends. Then I had to follow a stream of people who were walking together to the boat. I was alone, it felt creepy, yet still it felt good and exciting.

Then I woke up, happy. I love dreams like this.

Yeah, I've had quite a few dreams about DayZ but before last night they were very unclear and I hardly remembered them after waking up.

Oh and cheers everyone for the beans :)

Am I the only one who face-palmed when he said his first reaction was to alt-f4? Even in your dreams you're a coward.

This is funny because to alt+F4 is actually his last reaction... this man has balls and stays in the fight till the end :D

I need to try this next time I have a nightmare. Pinching myself or jumping off tall objects headfirst don't seem to work.

• Like 1