FanboyHunter

It Sounds Like It's Not Even About Zombies

The people saying the game isn't about zombies are the ones who have tent farms manufactur-duping equipment 24/7 and only ever sit on the sniper hill above electro trying to get their kill count as high as possible.

Zombies can sneak up on you. Can walk and hit through walls and closed doors. One single hit may break a bone at 12000 blood, rendering you unable to run. If you then shoot, you merely attract more zombies. If you bandage & inject morphine, chances are you will be below 9000 blood by the time you're done. Any hit that ends with you having less than 9000 blood may knock you unconscious. In which case the Zeds will just start eating you alive. And probably break a bone again right after you applied your last morphine. If you don't alt-F4, you may well die, no matter your gear.

Those saying Zombies aren't dangerous are the ones playing Call of Duty: Elektrovadosk, spending 90% of their time on Sniper hill or between their duping camp and sniper hill, Alt-F4ing the instant a player or a Zed notices them.

The Zeds will murder you and not give a crap about your equipment if you don't watch out. Just because the Zeds can be somewhat managed doesn't mean they're not dangerous.

You can trust everyone to shoot you on sight if you don't talk to them, and you can trust everyone to backstab you if you aren't on the same mumble server as they are.

There is no PVP endgame. There is no endgame at all. It's just survival for another day.

Edited by Dabs

Zombies are just glitchy blocks of textures that sometimes can even force you to run into a building or through forest to get rid of them. Their only purpose is to give your location to other players, and give the location of other players to you.

People who die to zombies are either very new, got fucked by lady luck REALLY badly, or plain sucks beyond any reasonable measurements.

Most zombies you can just skip forever, and don't even look back.

The high-traffic area zombies can not be ignored, as they make you more vulnerable to players. They are in no shape or form dangerous by themselves, though, and thusly we can safely label them as "Annoyance"

When i see veteran players die to zombies on any other occurrence than being alt+tabbed or random leg break from out of nowhere, i hit my desk repeatedly using my forehead. I used to facepalm, but my hands broke from the sheer amount of failure.

Edited by Stworca

I would think though that a game like this, currently in its glitchy as hell, TESTING PHASE would be about testing the game.. THE GAME... not just one small feature of it...Yes.. we know pvp seems to work just fine, now what about letting people collect and try every single aspect of teh game? I have yet to see anyone driving in ANYTHING other then a single white car I saw once.

Personally I wouldnt mind what many PVP+PVE games offer.. the option to "opt into" PVP mode.. or areas that are PVP open. So that people can choose to survive on their own without worry of bandits killing for fun...Or having certain areas that are worth alot loot wise being "hot zones"

so yea...there is so much the game has to offer, yet with how most people seem to be...you never get to see such things.

I"ve only been playing just over two weeks, the Z's arent even an issue, easily avoided or dispatched of, even with an Axe...

The game quickly becomes kill or be killed, you either avoid everyone altogether or you sell your soul and put a bullet into anyone that you see .

And believe me, after the first 10 or so deaths from other players when you're minding your own business will quickly change your mindset...

I'm still yet to go down that path though.

I die then start again, go another route, a less populated one... I'm also yet to meet another player that doesnt want to kill me which is a shame really.

Every time I watch a let's play or commentary video and the commentator says something like "zombies aren't even a real threat, they just end up being an annoyance" later in that video or series of videos they will inevitably die directly from some zombie attack they underestimated or by injuries directly related to it.

To qualify: Zombies are not difficult but they are everpresent and persistent, they will wear you down and catch you off guard, they certainly are a nuisance, but if you let your guard down and decide to use a loud gun and maybe crouch while running instead of walking you can quickly find yourself in a situation you are going to have a tough time getting out of, which often means you don't

Survival is not that easy, every interaction you make in the world of any consequence carries the risk of death, watch a seasoned player and they are so cautious and paranoid, they loosen up on their discipline by a tiny bit and they are dead.

Edited by coleisman

most of my deaths are from Zombels, as i dont PVP, and dont usualy walk off of hi heights..

with that said, my deaths are usualy from explroing with just under full blood and some zombel will get me with a lucky strike and break a bone..

from there things tend to get ugly quickly..

i normaly try to find Morphine before heading N, but if i dont find any i'll head N anyways and risk it..

makes things exciting, knowing everytime i login, it might be my toons last gasp at life..

love it..

for those who say the Zombies are no threat, i feel bad for you i really do..the Zombie survival game play mode is easily the best part of this game, you can find PVP anywere in countless FPS games,...

Well, I personally search for a sniper rifle first. When I find one, instead of hunting players, I hunt zombies. I only kill players if I feel like he is a threat to my character.

• Like 1