azepro

AS50 TWS still existing?

We see people with them in our logs everyday.....

And you report that right?

No, because some of them are legit.

The AS50 TWS was originally in the game, but Rocket removed it because it was considered overpowered, which, have no doubt, it was.

It was so completely unbalanced because suddenly some player could see and hit players through over a kilometre of forest or anywhere else. Players stood out like Road Flares at night through the TWS, it was WAY too overpowered. So it got removed, along with the L85A2 AWS, however this was later re-introduced.

Never-the-less, several AS50 TWS' still exist in the game, mostly thanks to duping, people then trade them off for Satchel Charges and other high-end gear.

Unfortunately it's difficult to ban someone for having one, as you can't really tell if it's legitimate or spawned in.

Good luck!

- Vinyl.

• Like 1

No, because some of them are legit.

The AS50 TWS was originally in the game, but Rocket removed it because it was considered overpowered, which, have no doubt, it was.

It was so completely unbalanced because suddenly some player could see and hit players through over a kilometre of forest or anywhere else. Players stood out like Road Flares at night through the TWS, it was WAY too overpowered. So it got removed, along with the L85A2 AWS, however this was later re-introduced.

Never-the-less, several AS50 TWS' still exist in the game, mostly thanks to duping, people then trade them off for Satchel Charges and other high-end gear.

Unfortunately it's difficult to ban someone for having one, as you can't really tell if it's legitimate or spawned in.

Good luck!

- Vinyl.

But ones a item is removed from the game it's removed from all players inventories? Remember when the AWS was removed from everyone but not removed from the game?

But ones a item is removed from the game it's removed from all players inventories? Remember when the AWS was removed from everyone but not removed from the game?

The script to make them spawn was removed, not the actual weapon. The coding for the weapon still exists, which is why it can be spawned in by hackers.

My L85 wasn't removed...

Good luck!

- Vinyl.

Quite a common weapon for a gun that doesn't spawn anymore :) One of the most hilarious things on these ppl with AS50 TWS is the fact that they usually login in certain camping points - kill people and log out :D

Actually, a friend of mine found one of these after restarting his server, in a truck. Was just the AS50 TWS and a can of beans. Considering the fact the truck was freshly spawned in its original spawn location, and vehicles aren't saving inventories, I'd say there might be a chance they are back in the game, or at least just a very rare spawn.

I'm banning everyone using weapons not seen in the official weapons wiki page since there are so many hackers spawning custom weapons these days...

Actually, a friend of mine found one of these after restarting his server, in a truck. Was just the AS50 TWS and a can of beans. Considering the fact the truck was freshly spawned in its original spawn location, and vehicles aren't saving inventories, I'd say there might be a chance they are back in the game, or at least just a very rare spawn.

Was it a white pick up near mishikino next to a barn?

@Jakeke

You can't actually do that, there is no way you can tell if the weapons are legit or how they got them. If a hacker spawned a weapon in and threw it into a random tent and a legit player found it they'd 9 times out of 10 take it and how they got it was legit, they didn't use any scripts to get it and as others have said the TWS was in the mod and was removed so some are legit although a large amount is duped/scripted in, even in the battleye rules they say they will not ban people with illegal weapons because it doesn't mean they spawned them, I think you should just leave it to battleye to ban the spawners instead of banned the legit ones.

Edited by Ellis!

Was it a white pick up near mishikino next to a barn?

actually.... yes! how did you know?

Still exists, just found one... It think it was karma for getting pwned by a hacker and losing all my gear including an L85 the other day...

I do agree that it is quite powerful and should probably be 86'ed from the standalone, but for now, for my troubles, I am enjoying it...

Still exists, just found one... It think it was karma for getting pwned by a hacker and losing all my gear including an L85 the other day...

I do agree that it is quite powerful and should probably be 86'ed from the standalone, but for now, for my troubles, I am enjoying it...

good to know it is indeed still in the game, hopefully this keeps people from banning due to having it

I'm banning everyone using weapons not seen in the official weapons wiki page since there are so many hackers spawning custom weapons these days...

Check the server hosting agreement. You are breaking it.

I have picked one up from a dead body. However, i only use it for scouting and i didnt took the mags for it. I use it to scout and switch to my DMR when i find someone.

Check the server hosting agreement. You are breaking it.

Well the game is almost unplayable, so we need to take some radical actions. I think sooner or later we will decide switch the server for a private hive, so we can get moderate the environment and get rid of hackers.

One hacker in a week, but many every day just too much. Today they even started to play together teleporting my truck and me on a field blazing guns at me.

It is not likely that I will sit like a duck letting these kids ruin the game. War always ends up with casualties, but if you are dumb enough to use a hacked weapon, then you can choose the different server.

And what comes for the all mighty battle-eye: it is a joke. It can't detect even the basic spawning scripts at the moment.

Edited by Jakeke

Maybe so but it's your server that will sadly get blacklisted due to such an action. Battle eye detects if something gets spawned and bans from that. If that doesn't work to keep "hackers" out of your server then you'll just have to wait for battle eye to come up with a new solution.

If this is not enough I suggest kicking said person a few times with an informative little add saying that said weapon is concidered illegal and hacked.

If this is not enough then I suggest closing your server until such a time that you feel battle eye to live up to your standard. Not everyone is aware of the existence of the day z wiki and far from all use the forums at all.

Edit: The standalone will bring about a much more secure environmental state for servers, perhaps take a break with your hosting until then?

Edited by johan

Eh, let him ban people for weapons that were once in the game (and seem to be back). It's a really convenient way of blacklisting a shitty server with shitty admins. I would understand if it were obvious hacking, like someone slays an entire server, but for something that can be as simple as a person looting a player corpse, that's just absurd.