Sweet Meat

Six Launcher, problem seems to be unfixable and new.

My friend just obtained Arma II and was able to run both of them fine, we told him the steps to go through in order to start up DayZ and play, the installation went smooth, no problems, but we then downloaded the Six Launcher, the old version and newer version. Before he can install SixLauncher the error comes up. post-90707-0-29541300-1345512643_thumb.j

When I went to google and just typed in the numbers for the error, no results came up which is the first time google has not been able to solve my problems.. I think I am experiencing a real life end of the world scenario.. Well, since I have not found out how to solve the problem and it seems no one else has it, what is there to do for fixing it?

Edited by Sweet Meat

Right off the top of my head, could be a corrupted installer executable. Fetch another copy of the Six Updater installation program, and try again.

.NET is required by Six Updater, so double-check you have .NET Framework installed and up-to-date (Windows Update carries the updates after you have .NET installed).

The Six Updater FAQ has some more pointers:

Most common issues causing the software to fail/crash/etc

1. Corrupted or missing system files. Fix by running: sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt.
  2. Corrupted .NET framework: Fix by reinstalling the .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile
  3. Corrupted Six Updater installation: Fix by reinstalling the software (uninstall the software, delete shortcuts, and the SIX Updater installation folder, then reinstall the latest version)
  4. Faulty security suite (Firewall/Antivirus), or modem/router firmware or settings: Exclude all SU related utilities from the security suite, make sure the software doesn't run in sandbox mode, upgrade router/modem firmware etc.
  5. Performance and Graphics related utilities e.g some Radeon utilities, Gamebooster, old TS3 Overlay plugins, etc, can cause the software to render improperly, e.g unable to use Checkboxes, black stripes / backgrounds etc.
    Upgrade or disable these software, or google for enabling "WPF Software rendering"
    You can also try upgrading your graphics drivers, and other windows updates.

If all else fails you could try DayZ Commander instead, although it has its own set of quirks.

Sorry for getting back so late, thank you for the answers and I will give them to my friend.