dash@brokenideas.org

Forcing PBO file checks or CRC checks

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was any way to force checks on pbo files, such as Cyclic Redundancy Checks to make sure the signature of certain/all files are the same, and if it is not, for the server to kick them.

I've found out about a certain command table that you can put in the server.cfg, however it just warns administrators, not kicking the client as they join.

I think it kind of ruins the game to see this kind of exploit being used, and I know a CRC32 check would completely get rid of that worry.

Is there any way to enable a client-side check such as this?

Or is it best to ask on the Arma II forums?

• Like 1

I know about "verifySignatures = 2;" (Default = 0. Weak protection = 1. Full protection = 2.) but not sure if it's what you are looking for.

Check http://community.bis...wiki/server.cfg

Maybe you need to use:

onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";		// unsigned data detected

to kick them when they have invalid or missing pbo files.

Edited by sebastian.w
  • Like 1

I know about "verifySignatures = 2;" (Default = 0. Weak protection = 1. Full protection = 2.) but not sure if it's what you are looking for.

Check http://community.bis...wiki/server.cfg

That is exactly what I wanted, I need to test to see if it'll kick clients who remove DayZ content as well, Thanks. Have some beans.

However, they don't really show in great detail what they do to invalid signatures, I wonder if onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";

will do it.

Ah you saw it as well, time to test I guess. Thanks :D

Edited by FluxAL

onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";

It was all already set in the configuration files that it should check pbo files against bisign/2 files, which is kind of strange, it's looking at the files, saying they are the wrong signature for the files (Comes up in game and on the server console) So I'm wondering if onDifferentData "kick (_this select 0)" would fix the issue to kick the player. Otherwise this exploit still remains and that the client side checks aren't working for some reason.

Excuse me for the tripple post.

Doesn't check it at all. Five of my friends got in and never got kicked and the warnings about the signature still remain, the configuration file is tuned to the right parameters and the server was restarted. Still no results. This is broken I assume?

Lets hope another server admin can come here and help, i know there are some on these forums. And I really want this issue to be resolved, Im tired of getting snipped while im behind 4 walls or in the middle of the forest.

Are you renting your server or do you have a dedicated server?

If renting your server you will want to contact your server provider and ask them if they can add "verifySignatures = 2; to the server.cfg file, but most servers won't because they claim it eats up to much resource. Just have to wait til they come up with a solution.

If you are hosting your own server or running a dedicated server then you should be able to add "verifySignatures = 2; in the server.cfg file yourself under joining rules

Edited by Desync

// SCRIPTING ISSUES

onUserConnected = ""; //

onUserDisconnected = ""; //

doubleIdDetected = ""; //

//regularCheck = "{}"; <----THIS ONE // Server checks files from time to time by hashing them and comparing the hash to the hash values of the clients. Causes heavy I/O, uncomment to disable feature

Comment it out, it's on by default. Dayz had it disabled for some reason! - Uncommenting it DISABLES the feature.

Are you renting your server or do you have a dedicated server?

If renting your server you will want to contact your server provider and ask them if they can add "verifySignatures = 2; to the server.cfg file, but most servers won't because they claim it eats up to much resource. Just have to wait til they come up with a solution.

If you are hosting your own server or running a dedicated server then you should be able to add "verifySignatures = 2; in the server.cfg file yourself under joining rules

We have our own Box, we've done that, countless times now, still won't be in effect.

// SCRIPTING ISSUES

onUserConnected = ""; //

onUserDisconnected = ""; //

doubleIdDetected = ""; //

//regularCheck = "{}"; <----THIS ONE // Server checks files from time to time by hashing them and comparing the hash to the hash values of the clients. Causes heavy I/O, uncomment to disable feature

Comment it out, it's on by default. Dayz had it disabled for some reason! - Uncommenting it DISABLES the feature.

If I can remember there was something about DayZ Administrative emails saying commenting it would lag it out and wouldn't actually work as effectively, I'll try this out on next server restart. Thanks.