Comrade Sniper

Spawn in Ocean after wearing Ghillie suit (1.7)

Date/Time: 6/9/12 around 23:10

What happened: After changing into camo clothes before I logged off, I spawned in the middle of the ocean.

Where you were: Before logging off, Kabanino. After, off the coast of Kamenka.

What you were doing: Logging off, then later back on.

*Current installed version: 1.7.0

*Server(s) you were on:Before logging off Seattle 8, when logging back in Seattle 7.

*Your system specs: i5 2500k, 16gb ram, GTX 570, Win 7 Pro

*Timeline of events before/after error: Scavenging in Kabanino, find camo clothes, put on camo clothes, move to point that I'd agreed to meet with a friend at, log off. Later log back on, I'm out in the middle of the ocean.

Thanks in advance.

Yesterday evening I was scavenging in the apartments near the Cherno hospital and found the Ghillie suit costume. I switched my backpack (Assault to Czech) after getting the Ghillie suit. I logged off in the hills north of the city, and when I attempted to play again tonight I found myself in the middle of the ocean.

The only other thing I did aside from getting the costume was pick up some M1911 ammo and misc provisions. Judging from the results on Google and some other topics in this forum, this seems like a common occurrence after wearing the camo suit.

Is there any additional information that I could provide wrt. this problem? Also, is there any chance of getting my character restored, or should I just respawn? My player ID is 7075270. I had an M4 CCO (2xSTANAG), M1911 (7xMag), Czech backpack, plenty of food/water, wood, uncooked meat.

this is well known problem of spawning in the middle of the ocean after you switch your skin.

if you manage to swim to the nearest coast, you will notice that because of arma feature you lost most of your gear after swimming...

this is well known problem of spawning in the middle of the ocean after you switch your skin.

if you manage to swim to the nearest coast' date=' you will notice that because of arma feature you lost most of your gear after swimming...

[/quote']

I swam to Kamenka, and had only my coyote backpack full of gear. Luckily I'd stuffed an M4 CCO in there a while back, so I was still well geared. But as I made my way through the town to meet up with a friend who had a spare set of civilian clothes, I was hit by a zombie and bled out because there were no bandages in my pack.

im stuck in the ocean as well , put on a cammo set then logged off, i was in the forest north of guglovo, now im stuck out at sea with my food and water flashing

player id 13162502

player name movingtarget

Put on Ghille, logged out, logged in: Spawn in the ocean.

playerID:18506118

PlayerName:LURKEN

Same happend to me, i the camo and logged off. Now im stuck in some random ocean, i cant swin to the beach somehow.

DiscoEagle|DK

player id: 19734534

Helpz me pl0x!

This is what I have heard:

If you find a ghillie suit and equip you must wait about 5 mins before you log off. This is for the central hive server to update and recognise that you are wearing the suit.

Not sure how accurate this is but worth a try I suppose. Unless someone knows something different?

This is what I have heard:

If you find a ghillie suit and equip you must wait about 5 mins before you log off. This is for the central hive server to update and recognise that you are wearing the suit.

Not sure how accurate this is but worth a try I suppose. Unless someone knows something different?

Thats not the case, me and a couple of bros where on for a few hours and they had Camo suits on, on spawned in the middle of the ocean.

This is in general with all clothing, the same thing with me even when I took off my ghillie and put back on my original set.