Sign in to follow this  
subsandwich

Motivation to kill zombies

Other than clearing a quick path for a loot run or just for the sheer fun of shooting them, there is little motivation to kill zombies. So I suggest that if certain buildings doors were locked and zombies in that city had the key on them for that building, then there would be great motivation for killing zombies. Especially if locked buildings just had even a slightly higher loot value chance.

• Like 5

interessting idea i like it

maybe we can expect something like this in the standalone version of DayZ?

Zombies to me, are an obstacle, a variable in the equation of should I shoot or not, and a warning sign.

All are easily negotiated or avoided based on circumstance.

To the point of keys on zombies... I have a gun, it's the apocalypse, I'm pretty sure noone is looking at retaining resale value... I'm going to shoot till it opens; or better yet use my axe like the fricken shining.

I would like to see that there is a limited nummber of zombie spawns in a certain amount of time.

Would be nice to see that you could clear a village from zombies temporary.

Zombies to me, are an obstacle, a variable in the equation of should I shoot or not, and a warning sign.

All are easily negotiated or avoided based on circumstance.

To the point of keys on zombies... I have a gun, it's the apocalypse, I'm pretty sure noone is looking at retaining resale value... I'm going to shoot till it opens; or better yet use my axe like the fricken shining.

I don't always want to just hide and zigzag through orange bushes endlessly looting for the sake of looting, sometimes I want to wreck shop on some scumbag zombies for dat hero feels; actually live out my zpoc murder fantasy a little from time to time. The ability to temporarily clear a zone, and possibly find a key to a somewhere not normally accessible is super appealing to me and quite frankly, tickles my mustache. Sure you can shoot/hatchet through many a door, good luck getting into a secure (possibly/hopefully infected) underground facility like an abandoned (or operational, with uninfected unfriendly armed ai) missile silo or town-hall bomb shelter with your trusty battle hatchet and whatever small arms you may have in your jansport. Maybe allow them to be opened via rpg or key? This idea has a lot of merit to it, and I like it, so much so that I finally registered and posted on these godforsaken forums. This game is going to need some reason to keep playing beyond loot, and call of pvp elekro duty isn't going to cut it on its own.

Edited by UndeadHermafrican
  • Like 1

I like the general direction this idea points to.

Unique drops from zombies which allow for a little more pizzazz in the game.

• Like 1

I like the idea :D Not only with keys, but maybe other rare items as well so it would be worth killing them.

How about actually making it so that the zombies drop unique player skins or outfits ehh?? Kill a priest zombie and you have a chance of robes?? Just a thought and of course they are battered and torn.

The whole game is supposed to resolve around the zombie apocalypse, but it really isn't as of now. So yes, this is a good idea but there should be many more.

While I agree that the zombies Kalignor that the zombies, at least currently, are more of an X factor in the game rather than the main foe, I would like some motivation to kill zombies as well.

The key concept is something I like. I would say that all high yeild drops spawn zombies, only 1 of which has a key. An isolated high drop barn with 5 zombies, not a big deal to take them all out and get inside. But if you want to get at the NWAF military drops or the residentials in Cherno... Be ready for the horde.

Not only does this increase the value of zombie killing, but it makes a much larger specticle of high yeild raiding. After you and your mates clear the airfield and find the key, now there are other players to worry about, potentially sniping you as you dig out the key!

• Like 1

i would love to see hundreds of zombies in citys it would make it so so hard to get into them make it just pure madness way to many of them! it would make getting a grenade all that much better and yeah put some really cool stuff on zombies to make people kill and loot them more often . like maps with notes on em or gps or just plain paper with notes on it about some stuff close by that you can get into maybe they have a key to let you in and you could lock the door again making it impossible for other players to get in unless they have an axe or kill you for the key thats a sweet idea!

Actually I would like to point out the fact that there are numerous buildings in every town/city that are inaccessible. So how about making it so these buildings need a key for them. Only zombies spawning around that building will drop the key for it. 5 zombies spawn, only 1 has the key for that building.

I wish you could clear an area of zombies. As in, you shoot all the zombies and they don't respawn and you're safe to loot that area of town. To compensate for the decrease in difficulty, there could be more zombies to begin with.

That way you can set up in a town, or an area of town, and make it at least safe for your squad's movement back and forth temporarily.

Shooting to zombies is propably worst choose. If you like play as scavenger, arm yourself with hatchet and crawl all the way. Zombies are stupid and dont see you most of time in such moving position. and if someone see you just hatch him one time with hatchet and done. Shooting in middle of town with noisy weapon is last thing you like to do. :P

Eh, I'm not really seeing it.

Do you play on high populated servers OP? I do and I know that if I decide to try and clear the way of zombies in say Cherno or certain towns all have at least five on me in a matter of seconds and that isn't do-able at all.

I get what you're saying about zombies not meaning much to you, but to be honest you shouldn't really be killing that many zombies and you should only kill them if you have to.

Do you play on high populated servers OP? I do and I know that if I decide to try and clear the way of zombies in say Cherno or certain towns all have at least five on me in a matter of seconds and that isn't do-able at all.

I get what you're saying about zombies not meaning much to you, but to be honest you shouldn't really be killing that many zombies and you should only kill them if you have to.

This is what is wrong with the game. Why would you even attempt to clear zombies if one, they never drop anything worth the risk of killing them, and two, they just spawn endlessly forever. It's pretty easy to pick off zombies in highly populated servers if you do it right. Blowing your enfield load in cherno is a bad idea, and frankly you deserve to probably die in-game for doing it.. But throwing a few sd rounds into some heads should in some way or another have the chance of being worth more than the ammo spent.. As it stands there is very little reason to kill a zombie. I don't want to play running in the forest hoarding bush zigzag lose aggro simulator 2012, I want to be the hero or bain of the land. Wiping towns of zombies and roasting hostile bush-wookies over an open flame. I spent the time finding good loot, I want some motivation to actually use it, and the crappy bandit pvp taking place in mostly Elektro and Cherno doesn't cut it. If I wanted to play an ambush fps with bad mechanics and awkward controls i'd just play arma, or even the project reality mod, and have a lot more fun..

Edited by UndeadHermafrican
  • Like 1

I do mainly play in low pop servers right now because I have been thunderdomed multiple times already and the few other times my friends and I have been ambushed by a sniper or any sort of pvp, by the time we regroup behind cover, come up with a plan and then go back after the guy, he has just logged out because he didn't kill us the first time. So right now I really enjoy roaming the game, looting silently through towns and airfields.

You talk about trying to clear Cherno like that would be an easy task. Clearing Cherno would not be a one man show dumping the m249 down the streets obviously. To completely clear Cherno would take a well organized multiple squad effort. The loot would then be respective to that amount of effort.

Also my buddy and I can creep through a whole city without aggro, going Bison, M9 SD and hatchet style with the only time we really aggro is when we get a BS zombie spawn right next to us. I want to go through clearing the land of zombies. It is supposed to be a sandbox style survival game so I am just saying that playing it the way I want should have a little more motivation. If the endgame of DayZ is just ghillied snipers with AS50's laying around in the trees then I think it won't last another 4 months.

My original post also doesn't even mention clearing a town completely of zombies. I was suggesting that zombies spawn, you can go in however you like, (apparently you like running around cherno ringing your enfield dinner bell) guns ablaze or silent hatchet style. If you could creep in and one by one take out zombies until you find the key for a certain building and then go loot it, that is what I am suggesting. Otherwise there is no reason to ever kill a single zombie in this game when you can just go zig zag through the neighbors flower bed and lose aggro before you cross a whole yard.

I really like this game so far and I like the direction it went. I am stating it needs different endgames that will cater to players who don't want chewbaccas with .50 cal battles as the only option.

• Like 1