jimbo081

Cannot join the same server with 2 pcs from the same house

I know this has been discussed, but i own 2 different key codes for Arma 2 Combined ops and if i try to join the same server as my other pc, it kicks one of us. I wasn't sure if anyone ever found a solution for this. I tried using different launchers and it didn't fix anything.

I've got a buddy with this same problem. Hoping someone knows something, too. Good luck, bud.

Try running Arma 2 then Arma 2 OA on each computer with their own separate keys..

You need a different port on the 2nd Pc! try add -port=2350 to the startup Option on the 2nd Pc.

"You need a different port on the 2nd Pc! try add -port=2350 to the startup Option on the 2nd Pc."

Okay i will give it a try. As for running OA and Arma 2 before playing, i have done that already.

I have successfully played with a mate while on the same internet connection (ie. same WAN IP) without any problems or any modifications at all.

Are you sure it isn't just a problem with one or a few servers?

Hope you'll get it to work! B)

"I have successfully played with a mate while on the same internet connection (ie. same WAN IP) without any problems or any modifications at all.

Are you sure it isn't just a problem with one or a few servers?" I have at least 10 different servers. Maybe i will get lucky and try 1 that works one day. But i do know this is a major Arma 2 issue. That seriously needs to be fixed. I own 2 cd keys that i would like to use together one day on the same damn server. My buds would like to play with me.

"I have successfully played with a mate while on the same internet connection (ie. same WAN IP) without any problems or any modifications at all.

Are you sure it isn't just a problem with one or a few servers?" I have at least 10 different servers. Maybe i will get lucky and try 1 that works one day. But i do know this is a major Arma 2 issue. That seriously needs to be fixed. I own 2 cd keys that i would like to use together one day on the same damn server. My buds would like to play with me.

Hey Jimbo use The "Quote Button" it will automatically write down on what you will answer,just click that button in that Post you will answer to ;) other ways its extremly hard to read.

You tryed the -port=xxxx ? im 99% sure its working.

I have 2 Buddys they use the same Internetconection with 2 Key´s and it always worked for them since Arma in 2006.

Hmm, I would assume it has to do with two clients sharing the same WAN IP, cause I can't figure out what else could cause the problem.

Since I haven't experienced the problem I haven't been able to try any solutions either.

Using a proxy would very likely solve the problem, but from my experience - even with a proper proxy - gaming isn't really recommended.

You could try to call your ISP and ask if they can provide you with an additional IP address, some ISPs do that for free, some for a relatively manageable monthly or one-time fee. Some even include additional IPs as standard, but that is sadly quite rare.

I hope you'll eventually find a solution! :)

Edit: *Maybe* turning UPnP on in your router could solve the problem (or in case its already on, turning on it off might solve it). Either way it might be worth trying.

Edited by n'Zapador

1. Turn off Steam

2. Run "regedit" (win7: press Start, type "regedit" into search and press enter)

3. Go to:

(for 64 bit windows) HKEY_LOCAL_MASHINE>SOFTWARE>Wow6432Node

(for 32 bit windows) HKEY_LOCAL_MASHINE>SOFTWARE

4. Find and delete both "Bohemia Interactive" and "Bohemia Interactive Studio"

5. Run Steam

6. Run the game.

Walla fixed it. Def try this, if youre having this issue. Registry changes saved my life!!!