Sign in to follow this  
Siques

Admin Kicks?

Everytime i get on the server where my tents now are, i get kicked by the admin. Only he and another player are permanent on the server. Is it fair to kick people without reason? Everyone who join the server get kicked. Is there a way to do something against that? Should I wait 'til the admin is gone?

I hope you answer me.

Ps.: I'm german, so maybe this English isn't very well to read.

He shouldn't be doing this, but unfortunately it's tough to monitor these actions. I would recommend starting fresh on a new server, you don't want to be around people like that anyway.

He's the admin, he's the boss.

He can be an asshole if he wants to.

You say that he and another player are on the server permanently,

maybe they are doing something, testing, recording or something.

From: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/55657-start-here-a-beginners-guide-to-dayz-servers-and-administration/

IMPORTANT: There are RULES that you need to follow as a server administrator. They are as follows:

• The server MAY NOT be passworded
  • You MAY NOT run any other mods, or keys.
  • You CANNOT kick other players for your friends and clanmates
  • You CANNOT lock the server for ANY reason at ANY time
  • You CANNOT edit the DayZ Mod mission files
  • Battleye MUST be installed and running at ALL TIMES
  • Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)
  • You may only ban players for two reasons: Malicious talk, and racism.
  • You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel).

Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting.

Unless you were doing any of these, then the kick was illegal. Regardless of what you think, these are the rules from the Official Server and Adminstration Thread. If you want Report the server :|

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/forum/46-server-reporting/

Otherwise Nothing you can do.

• Like 2

I think those server rules can be modified to: You can only BAN players for three reasons. Malicious talk / Racism / and hacking. Those rules were made long before the hackers arrived and haven't been modified since. Let's face it, the admins don't have time to deal with over 5000 hacker reports per day most likely.

I think those server rules can be modified to: You can only BAN players for three reasons. Malicious talk / Racism / and hacking. Those rules were made long before the hackers arrived and haven't been modified since. Let's face it, the admins don't have time to deal with over 5000 hacker reports per day most likely.

I agree, they do need to be Revised due to the mods current "situation".