bogroll (DayZ)

I really want to team up with other players - zero joy on that front.

Unless you're part of a clan, or friends from another game then forget it. I've been playing this game for 2 weeks now and have yet to have a conversation with anybody over direct chat. I watched the often hilaroius videos on Youtube with a gang of mates running riot and yes ofc i want that too.

Yesterday I thought fuck this - I'll rig up a channel on a free teamspeak server and broadcast my intentions to form up group of willing players. See what happens. At least on the coast when you spawn you've little to lose: If the PK'rs ruin the party then keep trying till you get a solid group.

Now that side chat (speaking to everybody) is on it's way out, the above plan is now pretty much defunct. I do understand completely that this game is trying to use real life mechanics, but it does irk that I can't form up with other players.

Me? I don't really want to kill other players, not always 'honest guv' - but I have done and quite often done it extremely well (used to play Operation Flashpoint; This game hasn't really evolved that much -it's as good as ever). Far prefer to team up though.

Am going to join a clan. Devs - please make a proper sub forum for clan recruitment. Lone wolfing it is becoming stale.