Sign in to follow this  
DR@GON (DayZ)

URGENT - magazine management

I'm not claiming this to be a new idea, mostly just making a new topic with the "urgent" to get attention to the issue, hoping others who agree will keep this topic bumped to get the Dev's attention

The reason I think it's "urgent" is due to the fact that the latest hotfix has "fixed" the ammo tracking (mags no longer refill on login)... which is great, infinite ammo is dumb.

However, with tents & vehicles not saving properly, we're limited to our character inventory for storage and when I login to the game, it automatically loads a full mag, resulting in many partially used mags in my inventory.

Please add some functionality to let us combine these mags into full mags (with the leftovers in 1 mag).

I doubt this would be too hard to add to the game and would really help us manage our available space in our inventories.

Edited by DR@GON

yeah, this is something that needs to be in the game, but its also a pain that the loaded mag stays in your inventory.

If we had a way to open up inventory and right click on a clip that is less than full it would be nice if you had the option of "Fill Clip" .Lets say you have a M1911 with 3 Mags which holds 7 shots max. Mag 1 has 7 shots, Mag 2 has 4, and Mag 3 has 3, I would like to see the ability to right click on Mag 2 click Fill Clip and it would take the 3 shots from Mag 3 and transfer them into Mag 2. This is realistic and is something that I personally would do If I were my character in real life and had some down time.

I completely agree and hope they add this functionality.

I would also like to see them add boxes of ammo to the game - you could carry 50 or 100 rounds in 1 slot of your inventory by having a box of ammo, but you would have to add that ammo to a magazine to use it in your weapon which would take time and couldn't be done (easily) during combat.

I know right now someone could carry 1000+ rounds with my suggestion, but if they ever add endurance/encumbrance to the game then a box of ammo would be quite heavy (although small) so no one could carry around that much ammo.

I'd be happy to see some complexity in this department, however, for now I'd be happy with something rudimentary to get us by

If its not possible to do the "Refill option" well atleast it should be good if you do a reload it will go to the next mag in the inventory. This way you could finish the already used mags to make room

Yeah this is one of the most annoying small things. Admittedly it should take some time to combine mags, but should be possible. I also think "one in the chamber" should be implemented (reloading, i.e. an AK47, with one shot left would result in you having 30+1 to fire).

At first I was certain Arma 2 could merge/combine mags so I tried a lot of stuff.. :) I know there's a game that does this by holding the reload button, but don't remember which one..