Kafein

Instant death upon arrival on a server, teleported to the coast and lost all my gear, but not my stats

Has there ever been any acknowledgement of this bug at all from anybody official? In a figurative ocean (and I'm talking Pacific--not Arctic--dimensions) of bugs, this to me is the most devastating--it makes it kind of pointless to do anything but skirmish on the coast because whenever you log in you're fairly likely to suddenly lose everything unavoidably, pointlessly, and through no fault of your own. It would be even more tragic if there weren't OTHER BUGS (ie tent/veh object duping) that make it fairly easy to re-gear, but those bugs also suck some of the fun out of the game.

I know better than to get too attached to my gear and if this happened once or twice I'd even let it slide, but if I survive for 40 minutes and get basic gear, my fate is almost certainly going to be to lose everything to hackers or bugs and not to die legitimately to another player's superior skill/luck or to my own carelessness with zombies. At least modify the bug so it says "you died of cancer" or something when I suddenly die for no reason.

Of course not, just like with the other game breaking bugs that are going un-addressed.

Just stopping by to register my run-in with this bug tonight. Just as a few people have said, I too subscribe to the "Lost all my hard earned gear" problem. First time for me though and I'm at day 31 so here's hoping I don't see it again for another month......

I hate to say it Beno...but you probably will.

It happened too.

I was filling my water bottle... and died once I left the lake. I spawned in Novy Sobor....inside the walls of a house. I made it back to my body,and took everything I had back, except the Ghillie.

I exited the server, later, but when I rejoined this morning...I was on the coast with nothing but my empty Alice Pack, which was empty.

I am thinking that it is maybe time to wait for the stand alone, for me, although I love the game play so much that it is hard to stay away.

Just happened on my 5 day old character, had all the gear I needed, was at NW Airfiled at the time. After reloging ended up in debug plains loged out and back in now at the coast with no gear at all except the stats.

Just cant be bothered to continue playing this mod with major bug like that.

Happened again...

Yep, think i'm done with this mod for a while/forever. This bug just kills it...

Same here,

lost a FN FAL and an M4A3 CCO but thats not bad but the Compass an Map and so on (and the 24 slot Pack -.-) is hard.

So yeah end of gaming for me.

Edit: for today ;D (Have a tent thats good =O)

Edited by NerVteter

Your gear is not lost, you can find your dead body at the place you logged out, until the server restarts.

Happened to me several times, always got my gear back.

Edited by eckstueck

just happened again this morning .. grr

edit ,, just found body weird thing is there wasn't any fly sounds .. lol

Edited by poisonfish

I'm sure , if its a proven fix in alpha mode , wouldn't it bring up some the sales on standalone ? Because , i sure don't feel secure on waisting more cash on this game, especialy in its current standing... Just saying... I really like the game.. But farming gear for hours , days , weeks and suddenly spawn on instakill with a broken leg and no gear . REALLY makes me not want to buy this until proven otherwise ..

I'm not shittin on Rocket or anything BUT at 1.3-4M players it would be the BEST move ever . Sure there will be ''some''script work breached , but just stop this free for all PLS!

*excuse my french ;)

Edited by Corecomander

I lost a FN FAL with night vision sight to this bug. But I do not fret. Everything can be found again if you just keep looking long enough.

I'm much more angered about the guy who stalked and shot me at the airfield at night... like a black predator.

Why, because he proved what bad idea it was to do that in the first place.

...also... the night vision FAL is not too hot anyway. You can't navigate with it and if you got NVG goggles you don't even need it.