Sign in to follow this  
GeneralAiron

Do i need Combined ops?

Can i play DayZ if i use Arma II free and then buy an op arrowhead from steam and then download dayZ install Tool? Reason I: don't want to buy combined ops, coz i want to play just dayZ, not arma II. Reason 2: I dont want to buy combined ops for 30euros to play JUST Dayz and at the december buy the DayZ for about 15euros.

I'm sorry for my verry bad english...

you can run dayz with arma2 free and operation arrowhead. But textures wise there is a lot of stuff in arma2 that looks better if you have it. Also keep in mind people who say that they just want to run dayz are generally suprised by the fun that comes with arma 2 and its campaigns i know i was ^^

There are 3 ways of playing DayZ

1. ArmA 2 free + Operation Arrowhead = 15 EURO's (Good if you don't have a good PC, becouse of the low textures)

2. ArmA 2 Combined Operations = 25 EURO's (The best you can get, This includes both ArmA 2 + Operation Arrowhead)

3. ArmA 2 + Operation Arrowhead = 30 EURO's (Why the hell would someone buy this? Its the same as Combined Operations, but it costs more and you have to buy them seperatly)

I recommend 1 if you can barely run DayZ, and I recommend 2 if you can run DayZ without any problem.

***Please note that DayZ will become a standalone game which will require you to buy it again once its released, so if you won't earn money fast and can wait a little more on playing DayZ then i would recommend you that you wait...The release date is unknown but im ALMOST sure that it will be released BEFORE 2013, and i guess the price will be 15-20 EURO's when its in ALPHA / BETA state, and i guess that it will be around 20-30 EURO's when it is fully released (It will follow the Minecraft developing system).