leblackdragon

Chernarus Map Guide App for Android/iOS

Map of DayZ Chernarus with an optional overlay detailing location of important loot areas. As well as close up aerial views of major locations and towns. MOD infantry controls graph available.

https://play.google....s.leblackdragon

iOS version you know he drill. Head over to iTunes and search for DayZ map Guide or my name.

Edited by leblackdragon
  • Like 1

The map is okay but its not entirely accurate. Like you can't see how many hangars are where.

And the close ups of the cities are so low resolution and useless with that angle of view.

The map is okay but its not entirely accurate. Like you can't see how many hangars are where.

And the close ups of the cities are so low resolution and useless with that angle of view.

What is your device?

All that you have mentioned is crisp clear and high rez on my Galaxy S2. I can even count the houses and see their orientation from the large map... let alone see the details of the city close-ups.

I've encountered a similar problem to yours on the low end iPhone 3's. If your device has limited texture memory then I have to update the code to accommodate devices like yours... but it's good that you brought it up cause I thought it was an iOS issue only.

Just installed it now, it's a great idea and works nicely on my Transformer Prime, image resolution isn't high enough though.

The ability to add markers and notes would be a nice addition.

Just installed it now' date=' it's a great idea and works nicely on my Transformer Prime, image resolution isn't high enough though.[/quote']

The image resolution is already higher than what most devices can handle, and is higher than most of the maps posted on this forum. The problem lies with your device and how Android handles it. I dunno if you've caught this thread before it was delete due to the hacker attack, but a lot of people can attest (as well as in the app market) that the images are in fact high res.

The image resolution is already higher than what most devices can handle' date=' and is higher than most of the maps posted on this forum. The problem lies with your device and how Android handles it. I dunno if you've caught this thread before it was delete due to the hacker attack, but a lot of people can attest (as well as in the app market) that the images are in fact high res.

[/quote']

Well i've been using this map: http://www.sticed.com/dayz/

(which can be found in this thread: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9331)

on my lovely tegra 3 tablet as it works brilliantly.

I wasn't having a go but evidently my transformer prime and htc one x aren't up to the task lol

Which devices and versions of android have you tested the app on?

Hey, my post got eaten by the hackattack, but I ran your test app and got this:

model DROID BIONIC

architectureInfo ARM Neon

maxTextureSize 2048

Any word on how this will help figure out the large empty box area that I was experiencing? Thanks!

Not supported by Kindle Fire (takes android apps but not this one).

Not supported by Kindle Fire (takes android apps but not this one).

Where do Kindle folk get their apps?

I only recently discovered that Kindle runs a version of Android.

... and yes! I can build for Kindle devices' date=' but so far it's uncharted territory for me.

Hey, my post got eaten by the hackattack, but I ran your test app and got this:

model DROID BIONIC

maxTextureSize 2048

Any word on how this will help figure out the large empty box area that I was experiencing? Thanks!

I wanted to see the texture size and what version of the ARM processor is used in your device. Did you try uninstalling and installing the latest app update?

no support for my android :(

Which is???

I wasn't having a go but evidently my transformer prime and htc one x aren't up to the task lol

Which devices and versions of android have you tested the app on?

S2 and 7" Tab.

I read through the specs of the Transformer Prime and it doesn't seem to be an ARMv7 device. So off the bat I can't guarantee it working properly on your device. On the other hand your HTC One X SHOULD work fine. Others who've used the App on their HTC device (can't remember which one) didn't run into similar issues.

PS... "Transformer Prime", what a SILLY name for a device!!! Someone in marketing has a Transformers crush. *rolls eyes*

looks better than my offline version, well done!

my online map app version is linked in my sig, its a lot higher resolution, works in landscape and has vehicle spawns, unfortunately the original thread where I posted the app has been lost due to the forum hack and subsequent roll back to a old forum back up :(

Why is this posted in the new player forum section ?

Such loot maps take away a big part of the game content and fun, especially for beginners. Exploring is a big part of the gameplay.

I mean you can post it, but especially newbies should not use such a map at the beginning, playing like it is not intended.

S2 and 7" Tab.

I read through the specs of the Transformer Prime and it doesn't seem to be an ARMv7 device. So off the bat I can't guarantee it working properly on your device. On the other hand your HTC One X SHOULD work fine. Others who've used the App on their HTC device (can't remember which one) didn't run into similar issues.

PS... "Transformer Prime"' date=' what a SILLY name for a device!!! Someone in marketing has a Transformers crush. *rolls eyes*

[/quote']

The HTC One X is a five core nvidia tegra 3 aswell (same as the prime)

Just out of interest, what is the resolution of the image?

The HTC One X is a five core nvidia tegra 3 aswell (same as the prime)

Just out of interest' date=' what is the resolution of the image?

[/quote']

According to what I read the HTC One X uses an ARMv7 chip. The Prime is stated to have a Kal-El (Superman real name) as its processor.

The map used in the app has a resolution of 3408x2436p.

Hey man, just saying, I tried the APK you pmed me and it still won't work on galaxy ace.

Nice work anyway, thanks!

According to what I read the HTC One X uses an ARMv7 chip. The Prime is stated to have a Kal-El (Superman real name) as its processor.

The map used in the app has a resolution of 3408x2436p.

The American (and a few other countries) HTC One X has a Snapdragon S4 which is an ARMv7, I'm in the UK and mine is the Tegra 3 version (Kal-el was the codename for the Tegra 3) which will be why my One X displays it the same way as the Prime.

Are you planning on a fix for other chipsets or just developing it for ARMv7 chipset devices?

As i said originally it's a great idea and would use it if it displayed correctly on my devices

Giving it a shot on the Droid X2. I will update further with my results.

EDIT/UPDATE: Doesn't appear to work on Droid X2, loads the app, then when the spalsh screen comes up, the application closes out.

Hey' date=' my post got eaten by the hackattack, but I ran your test app and got this:

model DROID BIONIC

maxTextureSize 2048

I wanted to see the texture size and what version of the ARM processor is used in your device. Did you try uninstalling and installing the latest app update?

Seems to work fine after installing the latest version! Thanks a bunch, great help and a cool project!

Why is this posted in the new player forum section ?

Such loot maps take away a big part of the game content and fun' date=' especially for beginners. Exploring is a big part of the gameplay.

I mean you can post it, but especially newbies should not use such a map at the beginning, playing like it is not intended.

[/quote']

I totally agree with you!

Id I was you I'd contact the forum admin and file a complaint immediately!

Hey man' date=' just saying, I tried the APK you pmed me and it still won't work on galaxy ace.

Nice work anyway, thanks!

[/quote']

... and that really pisses me off... sorry I couldn't be of more help. Are you at the new MordorHQ?

Are you planning on a fix for other chipsets or just developing it for ARMv7 chipset devices?

It's out of my hand as I'm at the mercy of the development tools. Sorry!

In other news, version 1.3 is out. It now supports landscape mode.

Added 8 more close-up locations:

- NW Airport

- Komarovo

- Pavlovo

- Myshkino

- Sosnovka

- Zelenogorsk

- Factory

- S Airport

Oh, I found the thread :D

It currently doesn't work on Galaxy ACE, but nice work anyway.

Oh' date=' I found the thread :D

It currently doesn't work on Galaxy ACE, but nice work anyway.

[/quote']

Well, your device is listed to have an ARM1176 Processor inside of it. The SDK I use only supports ARMv7. So it's pretty much a dead end I'm sorry to say.

... did you join up on MordorHQ?

Good news dude, works now for me, dunno what you did, but ace, thank you :)