Sign in to follow this  
-KCT-Ibi

Im new, How to save?

hi Guys, after watching weeks of DayZ videos on Youtube, i dicided to buy the game.

But how can is save.? of what to do instead of save?

A few times i have a nice load out, compas,maps.guns,health suplies.

But when i start the game again its all gone...

Is it suppose to be like that?

It is not supposed to be that way. It is likely 1 of 2 things.

1 - The game is in Beta and as such is glitchy, sometimes swapping servers from the one you were logged on last will lose your gear - sucks but that is the way it goes. Hard to prevent honestly.

2 - Your game is not fully updated. Try using Dayz Commander (http://www.dayzcommander.com/) to run your game from. It will help you update easily with the "Versions ^" button. Then only play on the most up to date versions by filtering for "Hide Wrong Arma 2 Version" and "Hide Wrong Dayz Version". Even that is not completely safe and tents are not saving properly right now, it should preserve the gear on your character though.

Best of luck, and if I kill you for your beans, don't be angry :D

Edited by Rodic
  • Like 1

You could be playing on private hive servers and your progress will be exclusive to only the server that you played on.

You don't save, the game has a built in auto-save, considering this is a mmo zombie apocalypse it would be clusterfuck elseway (and loads of whining).

The reason your stuff isn't saving is probably something to have to do with the server you're playing on.

dont log out if you have a desync icon

there seem to be some issues with hive today ("central server" where character data is saved).. could be related

I played last night, logged out for a bit and when I came back to play I spawned from new again :(

Make sure to check out the Guidez channel if you're just starting out.