scaramoosh

Why can't two prone guys shoot each other?

I'm laying in a pine tree and see a guy running across the field and shoot him. He goes down and a kill message comes up and I think he's dead naturally. So I crouch run through trees so I have the least open route to his body and all of a sudden a guy in a Ghilie stands up to loot him. I shoot him and he goes down and then get another kill message but he logs out and his body vanishes. Turns out that was my friend, I told him to call out if that was him and he didn't and like a cunt he logged off.

So I don't kill many people in this game, I generally tried to steer away from that and just Bear Grylls it. I'm not used to the whole looting dead bodies thing and I see check pulse, I just see strong and all of a sudden he got up and then went prone quickly lol. It ended up me and him shooting each other prone and all that happens is the bullet falls to the ground short every time no matter how high up you aim. It's really weird and annoying and all that happened was another guy ran up and axed us two lol.

Turned out my mate didn't die and nor did he, just happened to be two perfectly timed kill messages making me believe I got the kills lol.

Was so funny though a massive 220 odd KM2 map and I end up shooting my own friend :D

I'm laying in a pine tree and see a guy running across the field and shoot him. He goes down and a kill message comes up and I think he's dead naturally. So I crouch run through trees so I have the least open route to his body and all of a sudden a guy in a Ghilie stands up to loot him. I shoot him and he goes down and then get another kill message but he logs out and his body vanishes. Turns out that was my friend, I told him to call out if that was him and he didn't and like a cunt he logged off.

So I don't kill many people in this game, I generally tried to steer away from that and just Bear Grylls it. I'm not used to the whole looting dead bodies thing and I see check pulse, I just see strong and all of a sudden he got up and then went prone quickly lol. It ended up me and him shooting each other prone and all that happens is the bullet falls to the ground short every time no matter how high up you aim. It's really weird and annoying and all that happened was another guy ran up and axed us two lol.

Turned out my mate didn't die and nor did he, just happened to be two perfectly timed kill messages making me believe I got the kills lol.

I totally agree. Provided both prone men are consenting adults they should be free to do whatever they want to each other without interference.

Edited by kander
  • Like 3

There is something called zeroing on your rifle. Appears no one was using it.

Edited by thunderpimp
  • Like 1

Were you in 3rd person view? Go on, be honest, I bet you were weren't you?

• Like 3

The fact that he logged after getting shot makes your friend a noob and I bet you do it too...

Were you in 3rd person view? Go on, be honest, I bet you were weren't you?

Dat_bait

I dont see why some of you are being dicks, the dude asked an honest question, guess its too much to effort to give an honest answer?

If you were in 3rd person view that was probably your issue, 3DP is terrible for shooting while prone.

if you were in FP, and there was nothing obstructing your line of fire im not sure what would cause that assuming you were close since you said you were able to check his pulse?

Bobcoms just an FYI. that's not an old samurai saying. Samurai never expected to live. their whole ideology was that they burn with the mad death. and expect it. None of the books I own mention that saying anywhere. not in the Hagakure, not in Confucius. not anywhere. not in any of my books on bushido, not in my teachings of the shogun, not in any of my other "secrets of the samurai" books, not in my "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu

source please?

Bobcoms just an FYI. that's not an old samurai saying. Samurai never expected to live. their whole ideology was that they burn with the mad death. and expect it. None of the books I own mention that saying anywhere. not in the Hagakure, not in Confucius. not anywhere. not in any of my books on bushido, not in my teachings of the shogun, not in any of my other "secrets of the samurai" books, not in my "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu

source please?

Aren't you an expert among experts... :rolleyes:

I find it hard to beleive you are the leading source on samurai sayings and vocabulary... go back to your IRC channel if you want to be an alpha nerd.

Aren't you an expert among experts... :rolleyes:

I find it hard to beleive you are the leading source on samurai sayings and vocabulary... go back to your IRC channel if you want to be an alpha nerd.

I've been studying bushido for half my life now. I find it hard to believe you'd find it hard to believe people on the internet have an education.

• Like 4

You shot your friend and called him a cunt, woaw, if i was him, i'd pick new friends

I've been studying bushido for half my life now. I find it hard to believe you'd find it hard to believe people on the internet have an education.

but of course we don't.... the internet will never give you as much information as books... never, not ever.... Derp

but of course we don't.... the internet will never give you as much information as books... never, not ever.... Derp

Books are more reliable than wikipedia.

derp derp/.

anyway I asked him for a source no need to derail it. now get back to your iron bru Ned!

then surely this link will not surprise you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Go+into+battle+determined+to+die%2C+and+you+will+surely+live.+Go+into+battle+hoping+to+live%2C+and+you+will+surely+die.

OH THAT

I think he'll find the actual quote is

"Fate is in Heaven, the armor is on the breast, success is with the legs. Go to the battlefield firmly confident of victory, and you will come home with no wounds whatever. Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death. When you leave the house determined not to see it again you will come home safely; when you have any thought of returning you will not return. You may not be in the wrong to think that the world is always subject to change, but the warrior must not entertain this way of thinking, for his fate is always determined"

Uesugi Kenshin (1530-1578)

someone dumbed it down for the kids I see...

Edited by Blindingsun
  • Like 1

Books are more reliable than wikipedia.

derp derp/.

anyway I asked him for a source no need to derail it. now get back to your iron bru Ned!

Yes ok true true... but Ned?? Really?

source please?

Saw it on a loading screen on Shogun Total war 2, just says at end "old samurai saying" Anonymous so just copied it :D

Not sure, maybe its a spin from this?

Fate is in Heaven, the armor is on the breast, success is with the legs. Go to the battlefield firmly confident of victory, and you will come home with no wounds whatever. Engage in combat fully determined to die and you will be alive; wish to survive in the battle and you will surely meet death. When you leave the house determined not to see it again you will come home safely; when you have any thought of returning you will not return. You may not be in the wrong to think that the world is always subject to change, but the warrior must not entertain this way of thinking, for his fate is always determined.

Uesugi Kenshin (1530-1578)

AJ

"SOURCE" http://www.samurai-archives.com/wisdom.html

Edited by Bobcomss

Yeah dude I already posted that.

and @derpyhoofs sorry bout the ned thing :P

Edited by Blindingsun

And I find it hard to believe that there is an expert on Samurai/Bushido,who cites Confucius as a relevant source, but doesn't mention Musashi...

But since you carry the trolling in the signature, it's probably your hobby or smth and nothing of value is to discuss here, right?^^

Yeah dude I already posted that.

and @derpyhoofs sorry bout the ned thing :P

Yeah just saw it, I'm at work so net is shit lol, either way its a cool quote and is true :D

Nice to see a fellow enthusiast :D

Edited by Bobcomss