Jaime (DayZ)

Average life expectancy

I'm doing my best to keep the average down!

Says the whitlisted medic... O_o

• Like 2

Yeah i do too wonder ;P

Guess it has nothing to do with my mate. He is dieing a lot ! o.O

His a bandit hunter I believe lol considering his called himself "bandit bummer" lol :D

AJ

Average Life Expectancy board should also have an Average ALT+F4s per Life counter.

• Like 5

Yup, I guess my existence doesn't really change the number at all. I kill bandit's, then I probably go and patch up some other bandits. Oh well.

That average life expectancy statistic used to be skewed by people hitting the respawn to get to a certain spawn area. More so in the past when you could also spawn on the east coast.

• Like 2

Never fails.... i get to 14 days and do something stupid like loot a chopper with no over watch. Spend 30 minutes scoping the area, move in and 15m away from the chopper, *BANG* one shot to the back of the head, very close range, and im dead.

No biggie though, spent the last two weeks preparing for such an event, i'll be back in the saddle in no time!

Word of advice for solo chopper hunters. If you get that gut feeling that the chopper you are about to loot is being camped.... it probably is. If you want to loot it anyway, set up a tent some distance away and store everything you have in it less your pack, and easily replaced items in your tool belt. Use stealth to loot the chopper and use one of the guns you find as your primary.

The life expectancy used to be around 3 hours, but that's before the bandit 12-year-olds showed up.

Average Life Expectancy board should also have an Average ALT+F4s per Life counter.

This. Why do so many people use AS50's? Because you cant alt-f4 it.

The servers I play on have been rather vigilant with banning/kicking the script kiddies, I can only assume the others across the board have been doing the same, especially with the update to BattlEye.

It's easy to get the Life Expectancy up across the board (even with bandits) when entire servers aren't being Thunderdome'd, instantly killed, or dropped from a Helicopter :D

Average is average. Some people live in the forest for 30 dayz without seeing other survivors. Others, like myself, constantly DM in big cities. So this expectancy doesn't mean a shit really.

That average life expectancy statistic used to be skewed by people hitting the respawn to get to a certain spawn area. More so in the past when you could also spawn on the east coast.

Thanks! I was actually genuinely curious.

I think a big part of this has to do with the respawn button removal and when you are offline it still counts your time.

Less Respawns = Longer Life expectancy. Counter while Offline = Higher Averages.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin