Sign in to follow this  
symptom

Death Messages

Is there a way to activate death messages on my server??

Everyone see's it when a player dies......Frank was killed.

What I want to see is who killed them. Like this....Frank was killed by Joe.

If a player dies to zombies, vehicle crash, or falling off a building, then there should be only "was killed" in the message.

I would really like to have this on my server.

You can activate through the difficulty profile for arma2oa, I will go grab what it should ook like.

Who's your host?

Your difficulty profile should be in...

cfgdayz\Users\cfgdayz\

Defcon Servers is the host.

deathMessages=1;

That just sets whether they show up or not, it does not set it to show who killed who. As far as I know that would require editing the missions files, which is not allowed.

That just sets whether they show up or not, it does not set it to show who killed who. As far as I know that would require editing the missions files, which is not allowed.

Can anyone confirm this?

Can anyone confirm this?

Other than a mission file edit, is there another way to do this?

He's right, you cannot do that without editing the mission file which isn't allowed - maybe on a private hive.

It would be a great tool to combat hackers if the devs would enable this. Getting teleported someplace and mowed down wouldn't be so bad then. At least you'd know who the hacker is who's doing it and get them out of your server. Would probably also discourage hackers from doing it in the first place if they knew they were going to get discovered. It's WAY too anonymous right now.

• Like 2

Yes, acctually it is the best and easy way to follow the hackers. They only want to destroy the game for other players. Or give the Server Admins the possibiltiy to log the Deatch Messages with time and play. Arma II is a Hacker Paradise and the Rules for Server Hosters make it easyer for the server hosters

• Like 2