Nexoit

Bad serial number given in setup Help!

Hey.

I am a long term Dayz player and have been playing Dayz for quite awhile now. But i recently ran into an error which has caused me both stress and doubt about wether or not i can play the game again.

Yesterday i decided to Validate my steam files on my account. Because battleye was not letting me join some servers. At first i decided to "Reinstall Battleye" Through steam but got the erorr message saying "MISSING STRING" The problem was not that big because i normally play on Orcon Servers and i can join them fine but i decided to Validate my steam files just because being able to join all servers would be nice. And so the error began!

After validating my files i launched Dayz Commander (The Launcher i use for Dayz). I went about my business picking a server with some mates and attempting to join. Unfortuantly i could not join the server when loading the server i got an error message saying "Bad serial number given in setup"

This error confused me and i have searched for fixes on the internet and have came out with no luck on finding a fix. So im asking you guys for some help!

Please remember i am a long term member of Dayz i have played this game for a long time with no problem.

WHAT I HAVE TRIED:

Reinstalling ARMA 2 & ARMA OA

Running the game as administrator

Also I can Launch ARMA 2 but i cannot launch ARMA OA so im guessing the problem is there.

I am currently leaning towards deleting all my files for ARMA OA and ARMA 2 because i dont play the original games. And then i can reinstall the games and just Reinstall Dayz again but im not sure if i will lose my character? Im fairly sure the character for Dayz is in the @Dayz folder? If someone can tell me the consiquences of deleting these files please do because this my last solution to the problem!

THANKS For trying if you do

And happy Surviving!

Addition info can be gathered from my steam account called Nexoit

Or you can comment etc.

This occurs with me every time I verify arma 2 oa integrity. What I do is to right click at ARMA 2 OA in Game Library and select View CD-Key. Run ARMA 2(not OA) and voila :P

This always fix this issue. For Battleye with this error, uninstall it at program manager, and download both client and server files from http://www.battleye.com/download.html and save inside ARMA 2 OA Expansion .

OK, I fixed this problem....what a bitch it was to, to figure it out...

Step 1: Go to Start>RUN

Step 2: Type "regedit" & hit enter

Step 3: Right click on "HKEY_Local_Machine" select find and search for "wow6432node"

Step 4: Right click on "wow6432node" select find and search for "Bohemia Interactive Studio"

Step 5: Expand the "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder and you will see "Arma 2" & "ArmA 2 OA" folders.

Step 6: Right click on the "ArmA 2 OA folder and rename to whatever, put a "1" at the end. Just so its different than what is originally was.

Step 7: Right click on "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder Select New>Key

Step 8: Rename folder created to "ArmA 2 OA"

Step 9: Right click on the new folder created and select New>Binary Value

Step 10: Rename the new file created to "KEY"

Step 11: Download Key Changer at http:www.cng-concepts.net/files/arma2oa_keychanger.rar

Step 12: Run the .exe downloaded and enter your CD key with no dashes. You can find your Steam CD key by right clicking on ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead in the steam library>View CD key

Step 13: After you enter your CD key hit enter 2x, until it closes.

Congrats, your fixed....

I found that after validating steam files or updating battleye through steam then you MUST run arma2 and operation arrowhead from steam at least one time.

Like when you did the initial install.

You didn't mention doing it this way. It could work for you before butchering your registry.

OK, I fixed this problem....what a bitch it was to, to figure it out...

Step 1: Go to Start>RUN

Step 2: Type "regedit" & hit enter

Step 3: Right click on "HKEY_Local_Machine" select find and search for "wow6432node"

Step 4: Right click on "wow6432node" select find and search for "Bohemia Interactive Studio"

Step 5: Expand the "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder and you will see "Arma 2" & "ArmA 2 OA" folders.

Step 6: Right click on the "ArmA 2 OA folder and rename to whatever, put a "1" at the end. Just so its different than what is originally was.

Step 7: Right click on "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder Select New>Key

Step 8: Rename folder created to "ArmA 2 OA"

Step 9: Right click on the new folder created and select New>Binary Value

Step 10: Rename the new file created to "KEY"

Step 11: Download Key Changer at http:www.cng-concepts.net/files/arma2oa_keychanger.rar

Step 12: Run the .exe downloaded and enter your CD key with no dashes. You can find your Steam CD key by right clicking on ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead in the steam library>View CD key

Step 13: After you enter your CD key hit enter 2x, until it closes.

Congrats, your fixed....

Will this work if some1 stole my cd key? CD KEY IN USE D;

.... IMA GUESS THAT THE PROGRAM I DOWNLOADED FROM DRAGON STOLE MY CD KEY THIS IS RETARDED! quitting dayz till it standalone :((

Just play private hives, Lingor or Utes instead, Chenarus gets old anyways ;)

I agree with the above statement though, run Steam as administrator, launch Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead one time each after validation and then close out Steam. Run from your favorite launcher program or direct Batch..

Edited by chaveezy

YA BUT IT STILL SAYS CD KEY IN USE IN PRIVATE HIVES TOO................................ FUCK THIS GAME TILL IT STANDALONE

NNED HELP for 3months iv been stuck on fucking cd key in use

clearly not a hacker but im clearly permalogged into the fucking servers.