Acoustic (DayZ)

US 303 - Question

I was banned from US 303 just now, apparently my AS50 TWS is a hacker weapon.

The gun was legitimately looted when they used to spawn, veteran players have them. Yes, the spawns have been disabled but it's not impossible to still have one.

Why was I banned for being a legit (veteran) player?

Don't feel bad, this serverhas complete tools as admins. I too was banned for the same reason. I looted a TWS off someone I killed in Cherno earlier on a less populated server. I decided to sack up and put my gear for grabs on a highly populated server this one. I came in under the ladder to double blue in Cherno like an intelligent person (there could have been someone up there working my spot). I proceed up the laddder and begin my rampage. I shot around 8 people and 2 bandits in the course of 10 minutes then poof I got banned. Even if I looted my TWS off a hacker, as I read the rules I cannot be banned for using a hacked gun only hacking one in. Server admins are asshats IMO. On my server as long as you dont spawn shit in I don't care what you kill me with.

That is fairly concerning, since right before the hive went down I killed some guy who spawned infront of me with that gun. I just started playing this game like a week ago. How are people supposed to know whats hacked and what isn't?

And why don't the DayZ devs run a simple script to wipe the database of illegal items? All it does is clog it up. It would be win/win for everyone.

FYI the guy's name was Dr. Zeux .. it was a AS50 .. but I'm not sure about the TWS? Is there some difference? (btw zeux if you were legit, sorry bro you spawned right on me... scared the hell out of me lol)

Edit: Hive went down and it looks like everything reverted back to what I originally had now that I can log back in. Assuming Zeux isn't dead either.

Edited by gair22

Forgot to post back here, but yeah.. tried to join just now forgetting that I'm banned for absolutely no reason what-so-ever.

Woops.

You can tell the difference between a regular AS50 and AS50 TWS by the scope. TWS has a brown / tan colored scope.

Anyway, what a joke. Good thing other servers aren't following this stupidity.

Hi. I finally found this thread via Googling, as you didn't post it in either Ban Appeals or Server Reporting. Also, posting on http://clansm.net will always get you a faster response from me (or hopping on our Teamspeak).

Anyway, yes, we do ban for hacked weapons. Rather than reexplaining, I'll just quote something else I wrote on the subject:

People often quote http://dayzmod.com/f...rs/#entry446536 as proof that you can't ban for hacked weapons, but all that says is that you won't get a global ban for hacked weapons.

My opinion is that having hacked weapons in the server ruins the experience for everyone, and users of hacked gear are just as bad a hackers because they have equipment that gives them an advantage over what the game normally offers. Also, hackers could simply spawn in all their hacked gear in an empty server, then bring it over en masse to a populated server they don't want to be banned from.

Anyway, if you want to play on the server still, you can as long as you promise to not use gear that isn't in the game.

Hi. I finally found this thread via Googling, as you didn't post it in either Ban Appeals or Server Reporting. Also, posting on http://clansm.net will always get you a faster response from me (or hopping on our Teamspeak).

Anyway, yes, we do ban for hacked weapons. Rather than reexplaining, I'll just quote something else I wrote on the subject:

Anyway, if you want to play on the server still, you can as long as you promise to not use gear that isn't in the game.

I hope you get your server pulled because you are not following the rules that are in place...

No

This rumour has no basis to it whatsoever.

Using a hacked vehicle/weapon will identify you during database analysis, and your character may receive special logging attention in the database, but you will not receive a ban without creating them yourself.

If you are found breaking the following rules, your server will more than likely be suspended at most server providers and if it's not suspended it will result in the entire ip range being BLACKLISTED by DayZ support staff.

1. Your server must follow the DayZ name convention.

DayZ - Location ID (version/beta buildnr) [difficulty][timezone] dayzmod.com - hosted by Customtext.

2. Your server slots must be 40 slots minimum.

Please also note no server provider is allowed to provide servers below 40 slots. However there is an exception for developing countries or countries where bandwidth is expensive, for those countries minimum slot count is now 30.

3. You must not edit your server files in anyway, this includes:

Mission file to enable side chat.

Modified Hive files.

4. Your server must not be password protected or locked.

BEC connection flood #lock is allowed but must be set to no more then five minutes.

Servers may also be locked briefly before scheduled restarts, again, this may not exceed five minutes.

5. Your server must have BattlEye = 1; set within the server.cfg.

(as of 1.7.2.4 the hive will not allow you to play if this is set to 0).

6. Your server must have reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com"; set within your server.cfg.

7. Your server must have requiredBuild = replace with newest beta build; set within your config file.

8. Your server must have verifySignature = 2; set within your config file.

9. Your server must have kickDuplicate = 1; set within your config file.

10. All server problems must be reported to http://support.dayzmod.com.

11. As a server admin you must not:

You are not permitted to ban players for killing yourself or clan members.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when your killed.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when you lose a vehicle.

You are not permitted to kick or ban for smacktalk.

You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits of a non-server-disruptive nature, including but not limited to ghosting, unverified cheating, duping and similar, UNLESS you have solid evidence, IE logs.

12. You are permitted to kick or ban for hate speech, including racism and homophobia.

All kick or ban actions must be reported in the forums under section

13. You are permitted to kick or ban for ongoing severe hacking that is affecting players in a server-disruptive way.

All kick or ban actions must be reported in the forums under section

14. PVP is enabled at all times no matter the rpg element the admin tries to set.

15. Do NOT request un-necessary instance IDs, location IDs, or whitelisting from us. If you abuse the system all of your servers may be blacklisted.

NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS OR WHAT SERVICE PROVIDER YOUR WITH THESE ARE THE RULES PLEASE ABIDE BY THEM.

Where does it say you can ban for having a co called hacked Weapon....

Edited by Wells73

I hope you get your server pulled because you are not following the rules that are in place...

Prove it.

Also, read my last post. Rocket has never said (that I know of) that server admins can't ban for hacked weapons. All he's said is that people won't get global-banned for hacked weapons.

EDIT: Wells73 edited his post above dramatically after I made this post.

Edited by Mister_Magotchi

BeerDowner Kick your ass in your own sever and someone TPed under him then banned him bez of his TWS ..I think your full of shit and your clan to.. You are a joke my good man

Edited by Wells73

It doesn't say we can't ban for having hacked weapons, and it does say we can ban for hacking/exploiting. Having a hacked weapon is a form of hacking/exploiting because it gives the person doing it an unfair advantage over what the game normally offers.

It doesn't appear you're interested in level-headed discussion, though, so whatever. Think what you want.

I care a lot about the rules the DayZ team have set, and I've stood up for them many times in these forums. If I believed this were against the rules, I wouldn't be doing it.

Come to my server with your so called clan mates i give you all tws then my clan mates will kick your ass then you can go back to your server and Cry like the little girl you are ...

Clan SM is very fitting as you are a sack muncher. No where in that list does it say using a hacked gun is an exploit. "You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits of a non-server-disruptive nature, including but not limited to ghosting, unverified cheating, duping and similar, UNLESS you have solid evidence, IE logs." I wasn't disrupting your server, ghosting, cheating, or duping. I wasn't being racist. The fact is AS50 or TWS I would have killed all 8 of the guys I spotted (none of them were in the woods, they were all rolling in cherno and on top of double blue you can spot everyone except for the people in the woods). Since you want to run your Stupid Mouth, why don't we move this thread to the proper thread and see how long your server lasts?

I'm not "running my mouth". I'm being very civil, and I explained my actions. If you were banned for having a BAF_AS50_TWS, it's because the server's logs showed you logging in with one, so there's the evidence part. Again, the rules don't say one can't ban for hacked weapons, and they do say one can ban for exploits, as long as there is proof, which I have.

You sir are a moron i was banned for having a golden aks which in the screen shot I HAVE A MK48 MOD 0.

Cu6xn.png

You sir are a moron i was banned for having a golden aks which in the screen shot I HAVE A MK48 MOD 0.

Cu6xn.png

Again you fail Admin MK48 dont look like a Gold AK MORON

uK_Flappy:

EDIT: I removed this copy of the relevant server console and RPT log parts which proved uK_Flappy had logged in with 2 hacked weapons and some hacked ammo, so as not to leave such user-specific information in the forums.

If you have an MK48 in the screenshot, that only means you changed your primary weapon after joining the server.

I love how checking people's inventory as they join your server isn't an exploit, but killing a hacker and using his gun in your server is.

uK_Flappy:

ok so what i earned that shit when i killed a teleporting scripter Which i got rid of and then came back to your server. now i see why your server is as lame as old fap sock.

uK_Flappy: The truth comes out after evidence is presented.

BeerDowner: I don't look at players' inventory as they join. It's an automated system.

Wells73: Please stop giving me empty threats.

It doesn't say we can't ban for having hacked weapons, and it does say we can ban for hacking/exploiting. Having a hacked weapon is a form of hacking/exploiting because it gives the person doing it an unfair advantage over what the game normally offers.

It doesn't appear you're interested in level-headed discussion, though, so whatever. Think what you want.

I care a lot about the rules the DayZ team have set, and I've stood up for them many times in these forums. If I believed this were against the rules, I wouldn't be doing it.

Banning for having a hacked weapon generally is questionable and is not considered a exploit/hacking, as many many people still to this day do not know which guns are legitimate or not. The DayZ Wiki is a community run website and is not generally touched on by the DayZ Staff (Least not without verification, no one knows if they actually do interact with it.)

Generally it's only if you have proof that they scripted it in that you should be banning users, however nowadays.

Don't take this as official, as even I don't know if you should be banning for equipped 'spawned' weapons. Generally I say that it isn't a good idea since you can't prove they spawned it in, nor prove that they know it isn't naturally spawned in the mod.