Sign in to follow this  
Lalene

[PvP] Flag

There's only one thing that should be changed in PVP, it's been mentioned in this thread - bigger consequences for dying. Maybe one spawn per hour, maybe something else, I don't know. What we need to do is to get rid of players doing suicide attakcs because they have nothing to lose. There should always be something to lose, something that makes you think twice before you take a risk. Besides that keep PVP as it is right now.

Now a little AAR, jump to CONCLUSION, if you're bored by it.

Three of us met by accident, we don't know each other, we live in different countries. Somebody was kind enough to give me an address to TS server. And we started working together. It wasn't easy, mind you, since we were on opposite ends of Chernarus, and I was a complete rookie, who didn't know what to expect of this game. So it took us about 3 days to finally get together. All of us agreed that we don't want to be bandits, even more than that - we want to hunt them. But we need some stuff first.

So after we got together we went to Stary Sobor for some weapons. We nearly lost one of us to Zombies in the process, so only two of us went to SS. In the military base, we got attacked by Zeds, and right after this attack one of us got killed by a player. We were lucky, because our mate respawned very close to us, so we could continue our journey. We had a car, so we were very mobile, and felt really great about future. Because come on, what's the worst that could happen?

Well, helicopter with a minigun on board can happen. We got slaughtered, robbed and now we're scattered all over the country again. Because someone decided to attack us just because they could.

CONCLUSION:

I'm not angry at bandits who killed us and took our stuff. I know, they were working really hard to find, fix and hide this heli. I know that every bandit on the server wants to get them and steal or destroy this helicopter.

I lost my stuff, I will have work hard to get it again. But I gained something much more valuable - experience. I knowmore about surviving in Zombie-infestated Chernarus. If you think that's not much, that you prefer to simply gather loot with your friends, maybe you should really look for some other game? I think it shouldn't be that difficult to start your own server with this mod but disconnected from the main DB.

I lost my stuff' date=' I will have work hard to get it again. But I gained something much more valuable - experience. I knowmore about surviving in Zombie-infestated Chernarus. If you think that's not much, that you prefer to simply gather loot with your friends, maybe you should really look for some other game? I think it shouldn't be that difficult to start your own server with this mod but disconnected from the main DB.

[/quote']

I am one of those guys who thinks this game is a bit to unforgiving. Nontheless, I don't complain out of two reasons, one, it isn't finished yet, and two, after some time has passed, there will be more servers. Servers with spesific rules.

The thing is, I'd want a PvP system based on factions. Coordinated attacks and so forth, with the ability to build and improve bases of operation. Dying means loosing gear, but at the same time, having acess to at least some better gear at the base.

After reading that quote from Rocket, I love this game even more - a risk taking developer whos not going to cave in to the newer generation of gamers who want content spoon fed to them. A place I belong.

But how hard could it be to make a server side - PvP off setting? An have at least one server (for now) that doesn't have PvP. I'd put $100 down saying that server would fill just as fast as the others.

You know, once each server has it's own database and characters are no longer persistent from one server to another then I could care less if there are non-PVP servers... just as long as (and I'm not the first one to point this out) it is impossible for a player to stock up on a non-PVP server and then pwn on a regular server. Server hopping for loot is already a serious problem (did anyone get anything good when NYC servers had ZERO zombies on them?), having a server where other players are no longer a threat would be like walking into Walmart with a $10,000 gift card.

I once played a game/mod where when you died you were completely kicked off the server and as the popular servers were generally full and difficult to rejoin this had an effect of making your in-game life much more valuable. This could work here too.

Factions would make the game boring. It would end up being 2 large factions that would not fight each other for fear of losing all their gear and base of operations or 1 big factions swallowing up smaller factions till no one was left to fight. I would rather keep it to small groups so the fighting will be constant and each group would struggle at one point or another. I believe the current pvp is fine. Just last night some friends and myself ran around for about 6 or 7 hrs without seeing a soul or being noticed by another (guessing that because no one shot at us or came up to talk). Not saying this will always happen but if you keep a low profile move inland your chances of survival are increased at least twice fold.

To be honest if this mod didnt have pvp it would be boring just looting and shooting zombies gets boring real quick. If your decent its just go in barn shoot the zombies, grab the gear and repeat. There would be little risk and tons of reward, but when you have all the nice guns. What are you gonna do with it ? Just waste it on zeds or would your rather pop some bandits head or other survivors head? I would choose the latter but that just me. Also The feeling of helplessness while running through an open field or scavenging a town praying for no other survivors to be there. Adds a great element to the game that i personally enjoy.